Chapter 17

Ash's POV

I quickly rushed to the person and realized that it was a girl. She wore barely nothing. Just some cycling shots and a see-through top. I took off my raincoat and put it on her and carried her back home. She was very light so I took her to my room.

Why do people even drink and go to a strip club? I thought as I looked at her condition closely. Her top was ripped and she had some bruises on her neck and arms. Her face was not visible as her short-wet hair covered it. I couldn't even make out its color.

I stepped into my room and took her straight to the washroom and placed her in the bathtub. Then I carefully moved her hair out from her face.

SERE!?

I barely stopped myself from shouting. I clapped my hand on my mouth as I felt my limbs go numb. I sat down and clutched my head. Sweat was trickling down my face and neck as I tried to process what I just saw.

Suddenly, I felt a soft hand intertwine its fingers with mine. I looked up to see Sere clutching my hand with a scared expression on her face.

I quickly regained my composure. I quickly turned on the tap and filled the bathtub with hot water. I went to get a first-aid kit and disinfected the bruises she had.

These are no normal wounds. She was harassed or- maybe Calem? No ways! If it was Calem then why would she be walking in the rain as if she were drunk? What if Calem did this to her, forced her?

I shook off such thoughts and resumed cleaning her wounds.

What if she- was harassed- abused- badly- raped?

I gulped at the thought and could fell myself getting dizzy. I looked back at her face. She seemed in a deep but painful sleep. I tried to examine her arms and legs closely but my mind drifted off to more private areas.

Ash don't get perverted.

What if she really has been injured badly somewhere that is covered?

Think what Sere would do if she found out that you stripped her?

There is no benefit of having a hot bath with clothes on.

Sere would hate you.

You love her, don't you?

No ways! You can check on her when she wakes up.

What if she needs treatment right now?

She is your best friend and besides she likes someone else.

She is your best friend and you care.

I care. I care. She is only a friend and I being her best bud is only checking on her. Yes. I am only caring and helping her. No perverted thoughts.

I slowly started taking off her clothes. I dumped all her clothes on the side and promised to wash them.

No perverted thoughts.

Friend.

Help.

Care.

I examined her and was relieved to know she had no more bruises anywhere. I checked the temperature of the water and decided to let her sleep in the water. I looked at her once more before going out the washroom and closing the door behind me.