How You Met

Jim Gordon:
        It was your first day at the GCPD today, and needless to say, you were excited. Their forensics guy was recently admitted to Arkham for the murder of his co-workers and his girlfriend. You wondered what drove him to it, what was inside of his brain. Anyways, you had taken over his position, and if you didn't leave soon then you were gonna be late.
     You rushed out the door and hopped into your car. It was about an hour before you needed to be there, because the traffic in Gotham is a bitch at this hour. When you arrived, you were about six minutes late, despite leaving so early.
     Without looking where you were going, you stumbled out of the driver's seat and made an attempt at dashing into the building. You were stopped at the door though, crashing into someone who you assumed was a detective, seeing as they didn't have a uniform on.
     "Oh, crap! I am so sorry!" you called out, putting your head in your hands. You looked up to see the one and only, Jim Gordon.
"Don't sweat it," he said giving you a smirk and walking off with the older man. You thought about the encounter for the rest of the day and you're cheeks were red your entire shift.

Oswald Cobblepot:
     You always felt safe knowing you're brother had you're back. You were Y/N Gilzean, and nobody could touch you. Sure, people used you to get to Butch, but he never let anyone hurt you. You didn't know how he did it, but he was great.
     He never let you visit him while he was working though, so you stayed at home all day. You didn't have many friends, because no one really got you.
     You woke up one morning to find that your mother had passed. She was the only person you had other than Butchie, and you couldn't handle not having her around.
     He didn't want you to be alone, so Butch took you to work with him. When you got there, you were in a big mansion. Whoever he worked for was a big guy.
     You expected someone tough, tall, and rough, but you got the opposite. In walked a small man with wild hair and a limp, supported by a cane. He saw you and brightened up a tad bit from the grumpy look he had on his face before.
     "And who is she?" called the man. "Boss, this is my sister, Y/N. I had her come with me today," he then went on to explain what happened with mom, and tears started rolling down your face. By the time he was done, you were at your breaking point, almost sobbing.
     The man hobbled towards you, with a sympathetic look on his face. "I know how it feels to lose a mother, me and my mother were so close," he said with tears forming in his eyes. At that point, you couldn't take it and began sobbing. The man, who's name you found to be Oswald, ordered his maid to set up a nice spot on the couch for you by the fire and to make you hot tea.
     You sat on the couch for the rest of the day, sipping on endless cups of tea. Every now and then, Butch or Oswald would pop in to check on you, but you were mostly alone.
     As the hours went on, and you kept seeing him, you started to take a liking to Os, and a small red tint would reach your cheeks when he came in the room. You couldn't believe you were so lucky as to meet him.

Edward Nygma
     You were a detective at the GCPD. Jim was recently fired, so you replaced him as Harvey Bullock's partner. Apparently, he murdered the mayor, and also another cop, but you weren't really sure if the evidence was solid or not. However, you were just happy to have the job.
     There had been a murder about two blocks away from City Park, so you and Harvey had to investigate. When you guys got there, there were already a few other officers and staff members there. A tall, nerdy looking boy with glasses walked up to you and Harvey. "This is my new partner, Y/N," he introduced us and continued, "What do you have?" Harvey said.
     "There is one that's made for pockets, and   one that's made for steaks. There's one to spread peanut butter, and a large one to cut cakes. What is it?" the man asked, smiling. You opened your mouth to answer when you were cut off by Harvey.
     "Just shut up and tell us, Ed," he said harshly. Ed looked down and adjusted his glasses. "The murder weapon was definitely a knife, maybe a pocket knife. There are around 30 stab wounds. Whoever did this needed to make sure he was dead."
     "Thank you," you said blushing and looking off to the side. Harvey gave you a weird look, but Ed just smiled. "I have a riddle for you." Ed looked up chuckling. "Lay it on me," he said cockily.
      "What do you have in common with copper and tellurium?" He looked a little stumped, and you stood proudly. "You're also CuTe," you said blushing. "I-I... Thank y-you," he stammered, going tomato red. You gave him a small wave and started walking with Harv. Ed watched you walk away, dumbfounded.
     "I can't believe that you like him. He's weird, Y/N." You rolled your eyes and he gave you another weird look. "Jim would have never hit on Ed," he huffed out. You started laughing really loudly, gaining a few stares from others at the scene. "I guess this job could be a little better than I thought it could," you thought to yourself.