HP&SB: The Deathly Hallows

Start from the beginning

"Drink up. Fair warning, it tastes like goblin piss."

"Have experience with that, Mad-Eye?" Fred asked good-naturedly. Moody glowered at him, and without a word he down it, shuddering before handing it to George. I moment later he shrunk to my height, hair already darkening. They kept passing the goblet, taking a sip before it fell back into Mad-Eye's hands, and he looked at the six Potters that now stood before them.

"Everybody change. Hurry, now, as we don't have much time. Including you, Harry." Mad-Eye nodded, handing out a bag. Inside were pair after pair of matching socks, sweaters, trousers- Carefully I reached forward, trying not to mind that I was changing in front of a crowd. Siri I noticed seemed to find particular interest in the toaster.

Finally we were all changed, each completely indentical. It was a weird feeling to look next to yourself and see you staring back. Mad-Eye stood in front of his, his hands resting on his cane.

"Very good. Now, George, you'll be with Lupin-" He gestured to another Harry, who cried out incredulously.

"I'm not George! I'm Fred! Can't you tell us apart when we're someone else?"

"Fred, George, whatever, you're with Lupin. The other twin, you're with Arthur. Hermione, you're with Kingsley, Fleur can stay with Bill. Ron, you're with Nymphadora. Fletcher, you're with me, I wanna keep an eye on you, you scum. Potter?" Mad-Eye asked, and everyone that looked like me turned to him, including myself.

"Yes?"

Mad-Eye was unamused.

"The real Potter. You're with Black. And no funny business." He grumbled sourly. I nodded jerkily, glancing over to where Siri sat. She had yet to look up, but instead was sliding from off the counter. Mad-Eye was currently making sure everyone had a matching owl, owl cage and trunk. Everything was so precise I almost had trouble finding my own, until Mad-Eye handed it to me roughly.

"Very good. Off we go, then." He muttered as he hobbled past, grabbing the Mundungus-Harry by the neck and leading him out the door. The others followed suit. Siri walked out the door, and quickly I jogged after her, following her to the black motorcycle that sat in the middle of the road.

Siri fit in with it well, sliding into the seat with a practiced ease as I lifted my stuff into the attached side car. I slipped in as carefully as I could, watching as Siri pulled on a pair of black gloves. I wasn't sure what to say. What could a person a say?

"This is Hagrid's motorcycle." I managed after a moment. Siri nodded shortly, barely glancing at me out of the corner of her eye.

"Given to him by my dad. Hagrid decided that dad would want me to have it. Of course it has a few adjustments now, but it's still pretty much the same." She gestured to a few buttons on the panel flippantly. I nodded.

"Everybody ready!?" Mad-Eye yelled from the front of our group. My heart leapt when Siri started the motorcyle's engine, the metal machine roaring to life. Mad-Eye's lips thinned.

"You each know your safe houses. Get there safely. If we run into any trouble, don't slow down. Especially you, Black, I'll be keeping an eye on you. Now go!" Mad-Eye barked, and I had to duck as a thestral flew over my head, its wings outspread. I heard a soft sound from my left, and I was almost startled to see Siri grin, a little crookedly as she reved the engine with a small laugh. We started forward.

The motorcycle gave a loud whine, and I could feel the sidecar shutter from underneath me as it began to lift through the air rapidly, just as fast, if not faster, as any broom. The wind felt good in my face, and I tried to enjoy the bottomless feeling in my stomach as we rose further and further into the air.