Chapter 5-

"So... Where do we sleep?" Zayn asked awkwardly.

"Um, gosh, I-I- wasnt expecting this... My mom and sister will be here soon so we'll have to figure things out then." I assured them.

"Your mum and sister are out there? During a hurricane?" Louis asked suprisingly.

"Well, they're just down the street at my sister's babysitters house. My mom went to pick her up so she'll be here soon." But deep inside I was really worried about my mom and Lyssy. The rain had slowed down a little and so did the wind, which meant the storm was almost over.

"Cool." Harry said as he nodded. He was still in the same position as before with his fist on his chin.

"Oh and guys, I need to tell you something before they get here." This is important. I hope they dont react like everyone at school does.

"What's wrong Mandy Wandy?" Louis said as he draped his fairly muscular arm over my shoulder. I frowned up at him and the reched nickname.

"It's about my sister..." I started biting my lip.

"And.........?" Zayn notioned leaning foward in intrest.

"... She has um.. um.." I chewed my lip.

"She has what?" Zayn asked sympathectically.

"Shehasdownsyndrome." I said quickly hoping they would quite understand.

"She what?" Harry asked in his deep, husky voice that seemed to seduce every girl in school.

"She has down syndrome!" I threw my hands up in frustration and Louis tightened his grip around my shoulders pulling me into a half hug and kissing my head. I saw Zayn shoot him a death look and Louis just stuck his tongue out at him. Stupid boys.

Like on cue, my mom and sister quickly came into the house. "Oh my godness! It's dicusting out there! Is the electric--- oh, hello?" My mom said as she walked in, her daughter who was covering her ears from the thunder, was clutched in her arms. The poor girl looked like she was on the verge of tears.

"Um, mom, this is Zayn, Louis, Niall, Harry, and Liam, but in Glacy's words: ONE DIRECTION!! AAHHHHHH!!!" I said sarcastically making my mom giggle showing her perfect white pearls and roll her pale blue eyes.

"Well it's nice to meet you boys." She smiled in there direction then turned back to me. "Make Lyss her cheerios for me please?" She whispered so my sister wouldnt hear.

I nodded and walked over to my sister and took her hand. She squeezed it tightly and I bent down to her level.

"Hey Lyss. What's wrong?" I said thoughtfully as I rubbed her stomach to try and calm her down. She was precious in every way, almost like a child. She needed to be treated carefully because she was very sensitive.

"Stwangers. Mandii there are stwangers in our house." She mumbled as she squished herself closer to my body.

"No Lyss. These are my friends. They wont hurt you." I waved for Harry to come over because I found out that he's great with kids. He walked over and kneeled down beside me and grinned at Alyssa.

"Hi im Harry." He flashed a smile. "What's your name?" He extended his hand for her to shake. She stared at it like it would pull her away from me and hurt her.

"Sweetie, it's okay. Look." I shook Harry's hand. She hesistated but slowly put her hand in Harry's.

"My name's Alyssa." She mumbled looking at the ground.

"Well it's very nice to meet you Alyssa." He grinned. "Can I get a hug?" The question shocked me and my eyes went wide and my jaw dropped but then I closed it quickly, looking at Alyssa, I gave her a reassuring smile and jerked my head towards him to tell her to go. She hesitated but was soon embraced in Harry's arms. I smiled knowing that one day he would make a great father.