Chapter Eight

There are many things in life that Daniella wanted to have. A family was one of them. Money too, but family was even higher on the list, if that was even possible. But since meeting the Andersons, her  list was quickly re ordered and family fell under an award for the 'Worst writer ever in the entire universe'.

  To say it went good was a complete lie. Daniella wanted to make a good first impression on the family, even though it was a fake marriage. They didn't know that so Daniella had to act very love in with Ian. How would she manage that? She didn't even know, maybe she could dust off the acting skills that got her back home from England.

   When the driver announced that she was to go to meet the parents of her future husband, Daniella felt like screaming her head off or jumping off a cliff. Dramatic? Yes. But she wasn't prepared to meet anyone's parents, let alone Ian's! If Ian was anything like them, it would be like stepping into the Devil's den itself.

  Her assumptions turned out to be right. When Daniella arrived at the Anderson mansion, she was greeted by one of the maids that worked in the house. She was taken to the living room where she saw two women sitting and drinking tea. One was slightly older, with glasses and grey hair. Ian's grandma she assumed. And the other woman was a middle aged, brown haired lady that had a certain aura of authority around her. Both women looked up when Daniella stepped into the room and immediately gave her a look over.

  The older woman had a smile on her face, but the younger one had a slightly disapproving look. This made Daniella's self esteem lower down a bit. She was wearing skinny jeans, a baby doll tank too and black pumps. It was decent but when she saw how the two women were dressed, she felt underdressed for the occasion. Both women were wearing women suits and looked like they were meeting the president itself, not their future daughter in law.

  The younger woman stood up and came over to Daniella who was still standing shyly at the door.

  "You must be Daniella Robert. It's very nice to meet you. I am Lucille Anderson, Ian's mother." She said in a business like tone  and led Daniella to one of the sofas. Immediately, one of the maids came in and served her a cup of tea. Very posh. Ian's grandmother looked kindly at Daniella and introduced herself as Elizabeth Anderson, mother of Jack Anderson, grandmother to Ian Anderson and a possible great grandmother to Daniella's future kids. At that, Daniella almost choked on her tea. Kids? It was way too soon to talk about kids.

   After the necessary small talk and introductions, it went down to the purpose of Daniella coming here and the questions began.

   "How did you two meet? What are your plans for the future? How many kids are you planning to have? Can you cook? Where does your family come from?"asked Lucille. There were so may questions that even the FBI would have to look up to the woman and learn from her interrogations. Daniella politely answered every single one but her acting skills did come in handy at certain points.

  "So where did you grow up Daniella?" Elizabeth asked after listening to Daniella's answer for a while.

  "Albuquerque, New Mexico ma'am." She answered, still not daring to call them by their first names even after Elizabeth offered her to do so. Lucille, however, didn't.

  "Really? We came from there too, originally, before Jack, my husband, got a job here." Said Lucille. "What high school did you go to?"

  "West High School." Daniella answered. Finally an answer she could give truthfully. Upon hearing this, Lucille clicked her tongue disapprovingly and turned around to look at Elizabeth who was staring at Daniella fascinated.