Chapter 13: The Choice

So I know Drake, her mom and everyone else calls Collin lesbian but she's actually bi.

Chapter 13: The Choice- The deed was done. Drake was leader of us now. They let me out today. But it's only a matter of time before they throw me back in that hell hole and dress me up in a big fancy white wedding dress. Drake hasn't chosen his soul mate yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be picked. I mean after all the trouble he went through why would he pick someone else?

>

>

We all stood in the same places as the day Chao's death was announced and the day the love of my life joined hands with the dead. I surprised myself when no tears rose as she crossed my mind.

Drake stood up onto the platform and announced that in one week he would be choosing one and only one to rule with him. I glanced around at the vampires. Arrogance, greed, hope, and admiration shined in the girls eyes.

>

>

I laid on her bed. The shards of glass from the T.V. were still lying on the floor untouched. This was all I had left of her, of Annett. Drake entered holding hands with a girl my age. He whispered something in her ear and she left. I felt stupid for thinking he would chose me. Of course he wouldn't. He could have any vampire. So, why would he chose the only person who doesn't want him.

"Collin..."

I cut him off harshly,

"Who was that?"

He laughed a little,

"Why would you care? Is someone jealous?"

Jealous? Am I really jealous? No. I can't be jealous. Now that I thought about it my heart was racing. I stuttered,

"What? No."

The bed sunk as he sat beside me. He leaned closer until we were centimeters away. He whispered,

"You sure?"

I backed away,

"Um, yes?"

He scooted closer and began explaining,

"Well, that was Iris. We have been seeing each other for a while."

"Your dating her?"

He laughed,

"No."

"Are you going to propose to me or her?"

He looked startled at the question. I shrugged,

"Just answer the question."

Drake looked into my eyes,

"Well, do you love me?"

I choked,

"What? Um, I don't know. You've changed."

"I'm not the only one whose changed, Collin."

>

>

Do I want Drake to propose to me? Do I love him? Day by day the old Drake I loved shows itself. It drives me crazy because I want to love him so bad. But after all that he's done I don't think it's possible. My heart aches.

The week was half way gone. In two days Drake would propose. I found myself walking toward his room. When I arrived to his room my hand froze in the air. Moans echoed from the room. Maybe Iris already won his heart.

>

>

Tears ran down my cheeks. I should have never pushed him away. Stupid, stupid heart. I don't want to love him. He's done horrible things. I sobbed into my pillow. The door creaked as someone walked in. I threw my pillow at the door and ran under the covers,

"GO AWAY!"

I heard Drake's heart melting laugh as the pillow hit him in the face. He sat beside the lump of blankets that covered me.

"Why are you so moody?"

I shoved my face deeper into the mattress and groaned,

"Goooooo awayyyyyyy."

He kept laughed and tried to pull my blankets away but I yanked them back towards me and let out a sob. Drake suddenly turned serious,

"Collin, are you crying ?"

My body shuddered as another sob came out,

"No. Go away please."

He pulled at my blankets,

"Not until you tell me why your crying."

I shook my head,

"No it's stupid."

Drake didn't say anything he just yanked the blankets off the bed and pulled me into his arms. His fingers brushed the tears from my cheeks. He brought me closer. My eyes fluttered shut as his lips touched mine.

>

>

Today was the day. Finally, we would know who caught Drake's heart. I was filled with worry. Even after our hot make out session I was clueless of who he would chose. Drake smiled,

"I didn't really keep my promise. I didn't chose one girl. I chose two. The first girl is Iris."

My heart stop beating those few seconds.

"My second chose is Collin."