" my Momma used to say the angels didn't look like other folk - they frightened most that seen them. Some thought they was demons. They don't look like us - but they know us like no one else." Luella said to him.

The blank gaze she had was unsettling. Cap could only hope tonight wouldn't send her up looney waters.

Luella looked back at the doctors office and then to Cap. "You ever feel like you mighta met one?" Luella said as she walked on down the road.

Cap looked at the building and smiled softly. "Maybe" he breathed entering in.

"I saw his face" Chyna said quietly to Rutherford. He looked up at her "I don't think the sheriff would...." Rutherford stopped his words as Chyna nodded in understanding. Of course he wouldn't take her word for it.

"Well just a few bruises nothing serious" Rutherford said. Cap walked up behind Chyna resting his hands on her shoulders. "Thanks doctor" Cap said handing over a few coins. "Come on Chyna lets head on back" Cap said.

Outside Cap leaned over Chyna's shoulder and whispered softly into her ear "you tell me what that son-a-bitch looked like after you rest" he said. Chyna nodded "of course...but what are you gon do?" She asked. "I oughta blow his god damn head off...but ill go to the sheriff instead. After getting rid of those McCoy boys its best to lay low" Cap said as he helped Chyna into the back of the cart with Cotton.

The ride back to Skunkhairs Cabin seemed to take forever. In the chilly night both Cap and Chyna were on edge. Looking for anyone lurking in the shadows.

Yet still the three of then arrived just fine. Inside Chyna lead Cotton into the back of Skunkhairs cabin while Cap pulled him to the side.

"Cotton and I are stayin the night" Cap said, Skunkhair could see the serious look in Cap's eyes "yeah, but what happened?" He asked. Cap exhaled and walked to a chair taking a seat "get me a drink and I'll tell ya" he said.

That next morning Chyna made sure she was up with the chickens.  She fixed a small breakfast and gathered Luella's bloody dress before heading down to the stream, washboard in hand.

While washing the blood away in a frigid gentle currents of the stream Chyna's mind wandered. One thing stood out to her about herself after last night.

For the first time in a long time, she had not been afraid to die. Chyna shook her head, it wasn't that she was wishing for it. No, it just wasn't so scary of a thought anymore. She'd finally learned a lot worse than death can happen to a person.

Chyna sighed and looked into the water. She watched red swirls coast down stream. The mans face from the night before clouding her memory. Small deepset drunkin blue eyes that took on the dimlight of the room. Thinning eyebrows and dark raven facial hair that was just starting to gray. A round head and short in stature, he was either older or younger than he looked. With the nose of a man who loves his liquor.

"Don't you think wandering around is a bad idea?" Cap asked casually as he knelt beside her. Chyna yelped and dropped the washboard into the water with a loud splash. Cap chuckled, he never meant to give her a fright. But he couldn't outright say he was sorry, the look on her face afterwards was probably the cutest thing he saw.

"You're do'in that on purpose!" Chyna shrieked, flicking him with a bit of the cold water. Cap shieled himself "honest I'm really not" he laughed. Chyna continued to leer at him softly. "Well...you're forgiven but i gotta favor to ask" she said.

Cap made himself more comfortable on the ground next to her. "Shoot" he said.

"I need you to convince your pa to hire James and Clint from The Shanty" Chyna said. Cap blinked a few times waiting for her to laugh. But it never came.