Divide

*hey, em this is my first effort and only the first part. i hope you like it!! p.s i dont own the pics at the sides or the cover pic!

                                                      *************************************

Friends are important in everyone's life. No matter where you are in this world, you need a friend. So you should forgive your friends for anything. Shouldn't you?

"Sinéad O'Reilly will ye stop yer daydreamin' and get to them pots!" I awoke from my daze with a start. I sighed, and gazed out the window one last time. "Well you know who she's thinkin about don't you?" I glared at Penny, willing myself to look angry. She grinned, green eyes gleaming. I beamed back, and lazily polished pots... I couldn't help it if I was thinking of him. I was always thinkin of him.

Strong arms. Hard calloused hands. Tall, tanned and weather beaten. Warm brown eyes under a mop of curly black hair. Ah, but his smile. That's what got you. A cheeky grin that shone like the moon. Aye, that's my John. The best friend in the whole world.

When John rides a horse, he is truly in his element. They become one, blending together, full of speed grace and power.Unstoppable freedom. John says, that riding a horse is like taking flight.

We have been together ever since it happened. Inseparable. We had known each other all our lives and had always been friends, but it was then that we really came together.

I was 12 when the famine was at its worst. My sisters and father had died, and I was frantically trying to keep my Mam alive. She was boilin with fever, delerious, screachin' about the devil and the baby and me. But one day, as  the wind whistled in the trees, she went still.

**************************

Sorry it is so short :P The picture above is Bonnie Wright as Sinéad :)