31. Sparks and Fireworks

Before you start reading, please click on this link and read my other story on the platform Sweek! Here's the link: https://sweek.com/story/CgIGBQlsCAUFBwgJAwEFB2YCCA==

Thanks dont_spit_that_milk  for all the support!! 

Chapter 31, Sparks and Fireworks

When we told Jack and Aaron that we were going on an adventure, they were stoked. When we told them it'd be only us, they were a little less stoked, but they had a mischievous grin on their face and let it go.

Ethan dropped them off at Aaron's house and went inside with them for a little while. I was sat stuck in the car. Gladly the radio was still turned on, so I could jam to my music. The Front Bottoms were playing at the moment and I knew every word, so it was no wonder that when Ethan came back and I was turned around in my seat on my knees giving a private concert to no one else in the car, he was laughing. A lot.

I quickly sat back down again, cheeks red from embarrassment. "You didn't see that,' I told him.

"I did and I won't ever forget it." He smiled and started the car, ready to go on our nightly adventure.

It was dark and I couldn't see a damn thing, so figuring out where we were going, was out of the question. "Can you please tell me the destination now?"

"No." I crossed my arms in front of me and huffed. I still seriously don't like surprises.

"How long is the drive then? Can you tell me that?"

"About half an hour. Are you happy now?" He asked, never once looking at me. His eyes were always focussed on the road. He seemed relax. His left hand loosely held the steering wheel as his other hand was resting on the stick shift.

After having kept quiet for five minutes, I opened my mouth again: "Can you tell me something more about yourself? Because I feel like I know you while actually not really knowing you."

"What do you want to know? I'm like an open book."

"What kind of music do you like?" Music is very very important to me. I literally wake up and put on music, go to sleep listening to music. I couldn't ever go without it.

"I like Blackbear, Hockey Dad is kind of cool too," he kept quiet for a while, "I don't know. There are so many creators out there that produce music that I like to hear. Who do you like?"

Who I like? You. I thought to myself, but kept quiet. "Blackbear is cool, but my all-time favorite singers are probably Bring Me The Horizon or Twenty One Pilots. Or maybe The Front Bottoms, or Lauv. Oh my God, I can't choose."

A genuine laugh came out of Ethan's mouth and I started laughing with him. We kept talking about things we like and before I knew it, we came to a stop.

"We're here?" I asked. Ethan nodded and threw open his door before getting out. I unbuckled my seatbelt and wanted to open the door, but it was already open. Ethan's hand reached out for mine and I happily laid my hand in his. He pulled me up and threw the door close behind me.

"So, will you tell me where we are now?"

"Not yet." He walked to the trunk and picked up a wooden basket. I wanted to ask so many questions, but knew better to keep my mouth shut and just let him do as he planned. "You need to put on this blindfold."

"Seriously?" I asked, "I hate blindfolds."

"Don't be a baby, just do it." He grabbed my hand and started guiding me. It was still so hot out, even though it was already two in the morning. It's like it never cooled off around here. I was glad that I choose the skirt instead of the tight jeans.