eleven

Jo

     "You care about Luke, dont you?" A statement that seemed more of a question at this point was digging into my mind like a knife cutting through a soft object. Easy and painful.

"No." I retorted, wrapping my arms around my own, rubbing up and down the now freezing skin. "Then why are you coming with me?" I could see Ashton smirk, even though it was completely dark out, the only light source being street lights and the odd car that drove by.

"You care." He nudged me, my eyes rolling into the back of my head. "Why would I care about someone as conceited as him?" I gave him a side glance, a smile still playing on his lips. "I mean, he practically ruined my life." I sighed, following Ashton as he turned a corner.

"So tell me this," He paused, his eyes wandering the empty street. "Why were you on a date with someone who, and I quote, ruined your life?" Silence. Silence for a good minute until Ashton broke into laughter, giving me a tiny glance.

"I can see right past you, exterior and all." I gasped, swatting him on the shoulder. "Johanna," He sighed, a look of seriousness washing over his giddy grin. "You do care about him, no matter how many times you tell yourself you don't." I looked towards the ground, watching my pink slippers one by one cover the cement, hoping we were soon to find Luke.

"It may be early, and he may have done a wrong in your life," He grabbed my hand, leading me across the street, and I silently thanked God there had been no traffic. If so,  we would have been as flat as pancakes on this regular busy street.

"But you care, and he cares about you Johanna." Again, I was being tugged into what seemed like the middle of no where, my hand squeezing his in fear. "Please," I huffed, wishing I hadn't of worn slippers. To be fair, I wasn't planning on taking a hike through the empty streets late at night.

"Luke does not care about me and I definitely do not care about him." I rolled my eyes, knowing he wanted nothing more then a few hook ups to fulfill his raging hormones. "Leaking the sex tape says it all." I almost regretted saying that, but I knew nothing could be worst at this point in the game.

I was already drowning, what was getting pulled another foot under going to do?

"Are you sure about that?" Ashton questioned, flashing his phone in my face, the words written across the screen proving otherwise.

Can't talk now, just promise me one thing Ash. Keep Johanna safe. -Luke