|01|

They unconsciously floated around in their individual tanks. Naked. Ashamed. Afraid. The lab was pretty much silent despite the occasional splash from the twitch of a restrained child, or the inpatient foot tapping of the guard. He stared at his black watch, as he waited for his long shift to end. He looked up from his watch and stood up, noticing something unusual from a tank. The light was flickering.

"Weren't the bulbs just changed last week?" He mumbled to himself.

Slowly, he stepped towards the tank, raising his gun out of fear. His curiosity took over, as he brought his face close to the glass, the tip of his nose gently pressing against the cold surface. There was a young girl, her hair long and (h/c). Suddenly, the girl's eyes opened wide. Mesmerized by her heterochromatic eyes, he couldn't take his eyes off hers.
Quickly, he snapped out of his trance.

"What the hell..." He whispered to himself, before taking a large step back. "You shouldn't be awak-"

His knees weak, he fell to the ground, as her tank shattered into millions of tiny fragments. With the help of his trembling hands, he pulled himself backwards, away from her, pieces of glass piercing his pale skin. Bare, she felt no shame as she jumped down from the empty tank. She began to walk towards the man, the blood from the bottom of her feet mixing with the solution from the tank.

"Jeez. I'm not going to kill you." She sighed, glaring at the terrified man. She rolled her eyes, as he raised his walkie talkie to his mouth. "You dare speak a word into that piece of shit and I'll release every single kid here. I'm sure everyone would love having to deal with hundreds of insane children with uncontrollable quirks. You should be grateful that I was released, of all the kids here."

She reached into a nearby cupboard, taking a pair of shorts and a plain shirt. The guard sighed before giving in and lowering his walkie talkie.

"What are you planning, you monster?!" He yelled. Irritated, she crouched down beside him.

"I'm 12 years old. I live in a tank. I'm unconscious for about 23 hours a day and you think I have time to come up with some huge plan." She laughed, holding her stomach. "You're an idiot. I just want to be set free and live just like a normal 12 year old."

She walked towards a nearby table, reaching for the box with her name on it. The large, black box contained a key and a katana, sealed in a case.

"Well, it was nice meeting you." She smiled, placing the key in the pocket of her shorts. She threw the strap of the sealed weapon over her head. "I'll be on my way now."

"Wait, wha- Calling for backup in the lab! A dangerous girl is escaping!" The guard yelled into his small device. He raised his gun once more, his shaking arms failing his aim. She turned around and snarled, before touching the wall, producing a portal to the outside of the facility. She sprinted out and fortunately for her, fog covered the streets of Tokyo, allowing her a better escape.

With a deafening crash, the backup team arrived, just seconds too late. The leader of the facility pushed through the crowd, his eyes automatically landing on the broken tank.

"(F/n)." Takenaka Akira, the head of the facility, spat, as he clenched his fist. "That stupid girl."