|28|

Smiling to herself, (y/n) walked with a bounce in her step, occasionally looking towards Hana, after they had completed Hana's first planned task.

"We helped that man quite quickly! And all we needed to do was deliver a letter!" Hana beamed, holding her hands behind her head. "How do you like your new quirk?"

"I love it." (Y/n) spoke, her telepathy only reaching Hana.

"Hey, cutie." A nearby male voice spoke as he approached the girl. His friend followed after, smirking at her. Wearing unfamiliar uniforms, (y/n) suspected that they were either second or third years of another school. Their call went intentionally unacknowledged, causing the other male to get closer, throwing his arm over her shoulder. She brushed his arm off easily, scoffing in the process.

"What do you want?" She groaned, stepping away from them.

"We want you, sweetie." They smiled, getting closer to her once again. That was, until a fourth presence had arrived, throwing their arm over her shoulder in a mocking manner.

"Why are you bothering my girlfriend?" The boy spoke, his snarky, cruel tone so familiar to her ears. His hand slid down from her shoulder to her waist and he pulled her in closer, claiming her as his own and making it very clear. She whipped her head around and her eyes widened at the sight of his blue ones. He gripped her waist harder and smirked at her, a dark blush growing on her cheeks.

"M-Mono- NEITO!" She cheered, correcting herself and playing along with him. "Thank goodness you're here!"

He released his grip on her side and she took this as an opportunity to latch onto his arm, turning around and walking in the opposite direction with him.

"Thanks." She whispered, laughing to herself. "What were you doing here?"

"I saw them bothering you from that French bakery over there." He said, pointing to the nearby store.

"I owe you one." She sighed, letting go of his arm.

"Who is this cutie? Your crush?" Hana smirked, walking backwards, directly in front of the teen male. (Y/n) rolled her eyes and continued to ignore Hana.

"Yes. Yes, you do owe me one, maybe even two." Neito smirked. "First, I want you to call me 'Neito',  from now on. And secondly, I want your number."

"F-fine." She stuttered, not looking at him as she took his phone from his hands.

"You're flustered? How cute." He smirked, towering over her as she added her number to his phone. "Let's go back to the dorms now." He said, beginning to walk away.

"You go on ahead. I'm still kinda busy." She told him, travelling in the opposite direction.

Neito stopped and grabbed her wrist forcefully, tugging her back to face him.

"No, you're coming back." He growled, his voice stern suddenly. "Who knows what those guys wanted to do to you. There are always more people like them. I'm taking you back, whether you like it or not. And I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Fine." She replied and they began to walk on.

Awkward silence filled the air and (y/n) played with her hands to distract herself from it.

"How are your injuries?" Monoma spoke, finally breaking the silence.

"They're getting better, slowly." She replied, holding her hands in front of her body. "The night that they attacked. You weren't hurt, were you?"

"Nope."

"I'm really glad." She smiled, causing his eyes widen with shock.

"Really? Why?" He laughed, turning to look at her. "I'm always mean to you."

"That doesn't mean I shouldn't care about you." She chuckled. "We have the same goal. I think from now on, we should support each other."

He stayed quiet and smiled to himself. He noticed himself being out of character, but didn't mind as long as he was spending good time with (y/n).

"Oh, we're at the Class B dorm now." (Y/n) stated, looking up at the large building.

"I'll walk you to your dorm." He insisted, but she shook her head.

"I think I should visit Eraserhead. I did miss class today, afterall." She said. "Thank you for today, Neito! I'll see you 'round!"

He waved goodbye and sighed with content.

"He's totally into you." Hana squealed, tugging at (y/n)'s arm

"He's not." (Y/n) said to Hana, shaking her head. "And even if he did, I've got a couple other guys to confront about their confessions, first."

"You're quite popular, aren't you?" Hana smiled. "I'm glad you have a lot of good friends."

(Y/n) sighed and placed her hands behind her head.

"Me too."