*New Plans*

Depuis le début

"Wait Ne-... Umi!" He calls and I climb the few steps back up.

"Yes?"

"I think I'll have that tea after all" He smiles, standing up.

"You can use my name, Aiko and Hino are at the market" I tell him, while he follows me down the stairs.

Upon reaching the small kitchen, Hakuyuu sits by the small wooden table while I pour two cups of tea. Once I finish I handle him his cup, and I sit in front of him. Silence settles down between the two of us and I stare at the cup in my hands.

"Hakuyuu, What are we going to do now?" I ask, clearing the silence.

"I don't know... But we can't stay here much longer. We are abusing the hospitality of these people" He points out, staring at his cup.

"I agree" I lightly nod "Maybe we can find a way to contact Kouen?" I suggest, taking a sip of my tea.

"I don't think it's a good idea. We don't know how much of the Empire my moth... That woman is controlling" He glances back at me.

"You think Kouen is part of this!?"My eyes widen at that thought.

"No. Not him." He shakes his head and continues "But he's not alone. We don't know about the people that are always with him. I think is better to seek for help from outside the palace" 

Our conversation gets interrupted when we hear the front door opening, announcing that our hosts have come back to the house. Aiko walks into the kitchen and smiles when she sees us.

"How are you, kids? Are you hungry?"

Both, Hakuyuu and I smile when she calls us that way.

"We brought some good vegetables so I'm going to start on dinner right now" She announces as Hiko comes in behind her some bags. Hakuyuu quickly stands from his seat and walks to him.

"Let me help you" He grabs most of the bag from his hands and place them over the table.

"Thanks" The old man smiles, scratching his neck.

"Aiko, do you want me to help you with dinner?" I offer, also standing up.

"Sure, dear"

I stay in the kitchen with her while Hakuyuu leaves with Hiro. An hour later the four of us are about to sit around the table, getting ready to eat.

Hakuyuu and I go into the dinning room, expecting to see the couple already there.

"I think I should say yes" Hiro is telling his wife, as they come from the kitchen into the dinning room.

"I don't. It's too far away. You are too old for that Hiro" She shakes her head and places the plates over the table.

"I'm not old" He huffs, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You aren't young either" She says in an amused tone, smiling.

I start arranging the table and Hakuyuu helps me. We exchange uncomfortable glances without knowing what to do.

"It's good money, Aiko" Hiro insists, staring at his wife.

"I don't mean to meddle, but there's something we can do to help?" I asked with a hesitant tone, feeling a little embarrassed for interrupting their discussion.

"Oh, don't worry dear." The old woman places her hand over mine.

"I was offered a job, taking some shipload to Remano" Hiro sighs, looking at Hakuyuu and me.

"The Reim Empire?" Hakuyuu asks, raising his eyebrows.

"Exactly. And that's too far away. I think you have to turn it down" His wife points out.

"I can do it"

The three of us turn to look at Hakuyuu.

"What?"

"I can take that job for you. And I'll send you the payment. It's the least I can do after all you have done for us" He takes a step forward, looking at them.

"We can't accept that. You have helped us plenty around here. Both of you have!" Aiko shakes her head and his husband nods in agreement.

"You saved our lives. There's no enough money to pay you for that" The blue haired man replies, smiling to them.

"I'm going with you" I announce, and the three of them turn to face me.

"No, you should stay here" Hakuyuu Insists.

"No." I protests.

"Maybe we should give them a moment?" Aiko tells her husband.

"Yes... You're right" He agrees and both start to leave the room.

"No, please. You stay here and eat. Umi, come with me" Hakuyuu says, and I follow him outside the house.

I close the front door behind me and immediately turn to him. I hug myself as I feel the night breeze against my skin.

"You're cold, let's go back inside. We can talk tomorrow" Hakuyuu says, calmly.

"What makes you think you're going to Reim alone?" I yell, before he can leave. The blue-haired man looks back slowly and blinks a few times before answering.

"Nerea, it can be dangerous. I don't want you to risk your life for me again. You've already done so much for me. Stay. You will be safe here"

"How can you say that? You don't see it, do you!?" I yell again, frustrated.

"What?" The prince inquires, his brows pinching together.

"I know you lost your father and your brother... And your mother she is..." I shake my head and continue, looking away "You still have Hakuryuu! And your sister! And Kouen and Koumei..." I glance back at Hakuyuu "I lost him too, he was my best friend" I shut my eyes tightly before whispering "I don't have a family, Hakuyuu. You're all I have and you want to get rid of me"

He stares at me, surprised. A moment later I feel his hand on mine.

"I'm sorry Nerea." He apologized quietly. "It's not that I don't want you with me, believe me, I do. I just don't want you to get hurt. But you're right. Forgive me"

"It's ok" I smile softly. "Have you ever been in Reim?" I ask, as I start to feel calm again.

"No, and I'm guessing you haven't either?" He looks into my eyes.

"No" I lightly shake my head "I've never left Kou" I admit, "But my mother's family came from Reim. I was named after my great-grandmother. She lived there until she got married and came here, to Kou"

"I didn't know that" He smiles warmly.

"I never told anybody. It's not important" I shrug, and just t then I notice he's still holding my hand. I blush, looking at our hands, but I don't take it away and neither does him.

"Come to Reim with me, ok?" Hakuyuu asks, gently squeezing my hand.

"Ok"