I don't answer but rather just stare at the city below us. I wonder what it would be like to live elsewhere. I've lived here in Tuscaloosa my whole life. I've never seen anything else. Okay, I went on a trip to Florida with my family once but that was ages ago. We never really traveled. I want to travel places actually. I want to see the world. I'm thinking about flying to France or Italy with Wesley in the summer break but Mom's not very fond of that idea. She thinks it's too far and we can't even speak their languages but Wesley had French for a long time in high school and is pretty decent. I have Latin on the other hand. It's cool and kinda interesting but literally no one takes that class. I think we're like 13 people in that class. Classes are usually like 27 to 33 people at my school. It's a chill and laid back class because our teacher is pretty chill.

"What are you thinking about?", Niall asks me, ripping me from my thoughts.

I look over at him, seeing he already has his camera out. I also get mine from my backpack, seeing the sun is slowly setting. I lay my bag next to Niall's motorcycle, so I don't have to worry about that. I also put my sunglasses on, so I don't get blinded by the sun. I'll take them off later, so I can actually see it.

"Do you mind, if I put my earphones in when I take pictures? I really need to zone out for a while", I ask, completely ignoring Niall's question.

"Sure, do whatever makes you happy, as long as I can take really natural pictures of you for the project", he answers, not moving a muscle in his face to change his emotion.

I put my earphones in, turning on some music. I choose to listen to some Adele. I don't necessarily like her music but it makes the scenery more beautiful and dramatic, which inspires me to take pictures. My hands fiddle with the settings of my camera, changing up some things to get better pictures. Niall also works on his camera, as I realize everything is slowly being drowned in orange and yellow light. I take off my sunglasses, seeing I should start taking pictures now since I want to have a time lapse kind of gallery of pictures. Niall also starts taking pictures of the sky but soon enough as the sky turns more purple and pink with clouds, he stands behind me at his motorcycle, taking pictures of me taking pictures. Soon enough I have enough pictures, so I just lean against the fence and look down at the city. Yellow lights make the city seem close but it's actually pretty far away. I stop taking pictures, seeing Niall stand beside me now. I also take my earphones out, looking over at him.

"I'm taking pictures from my motorcycle. It's going to take 20 pictures in about now", he smiles at me.

I look back to the front, seeing Niall doing the same from the corner of my eye. We just look back at the sky for a couple of minutes, waiting for the camera to be done. The sun is almost gone, making the sky more blue. Niall leaves my side again, probably getting his camera. I also turn around and look at the car that pulled up earlier, seeing a couple in there, smiling at each other. Tobias and I were up here once. We had a great time together. Somehow I wish I'd have someone to love me like that. I know that Tobias was just a fling but I actually liked him a lot. He didn't like me like that but it felt that way and that made me happy.

"These are amazing. I don't even think we need to edit these", Niall speaks, looking at me, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just got lost in thoughts", I fake a smile and walk towards him.

He hands me his camera, so I look through the pictures, seeing that he's right and the pictures are quite amazing. Even the ones of me look good and I never look good in pictures.

"They're amazing", I tell him.

"Yeah, it was a good decision to go up here and take pictures", he says, looking down at his phone.

It lights up his face, making him look really good looking. I hand him his camera, packing up my own stuff.

"We should get going. We have school tomorrow and my Mom said we should get this done quickly", I explain.

Niall nods, packing up and getting ready to drive home with me again. It's dark now, our surroundings just being lit up by the lights on the billboard. I put my hair in a low ponytail and get my helmet on. My backpack is on my back and Niall's already on his motorcycle. He starts the engine as soon as I'm on it behind him. I wrap my arms around his waist again, feeling a little tingle in my stomach. He's really attractive and nice when he's not a dick or fuckboy. He's very muscular and fit. It's weird that he doesn't do any sports in school. He probably goes to the gym. Maybe he does sports out of school. We drive off soon. The cold breeze of the wind hits my arms, making me shiver. I should've put on a thicker jacket than my leather jacket. It's too cold. I hope I don't get a cold from this drive. The trees pass us, as we drive on the highway. Cars pass us and we pass cars. The headlights of the cars illuminate the highway in a nice way, making it seem like we're driving through a sea of light, making everything seem okay, even if it's not. We move off of the highway soon and drive along the streets of our town. The streets are pretty much empty, due to it being late already. It's only 11:00pm and Mom told me to be home by 12:30am. I don't feel like being around anyone anymore. I just want to get changed into comfortable clothes and lay in bed, watch some Rick and Morty and falls asleep happily. Tomorrow should be a good day. We have band rehearsal tomorrow in the auditorium. We're playing at Homecoming in about a month and a half but the date is not officially released yet. The old student body put the date as a last request. The new student body is voted next week and people are going crazy. They're all giving out food and hanging up posters. I don't even know half of the people trying to become student body president. It's quite a few this year, usually no one wants to do the job. Niall slows down, as we enter my street. The light in our kitchen is still on. Mom or Wesley are probably still awake. Niall stops in front of my house.

"Thanks, I'll see you tomorrow", I say, getting off but Niall grabs my wrist, as I push myself off of the motorcycle on his shoulders.

He opens the visor of his helmet and I take mine off.

"Are you really okay, Violet? Do you want to talk?", he asks.

"No, I'm fine. I'll see you tomorrow", I say.

He nods, letting go of my wrist before driving off again. I move up the path to the front door but I see our neighbors cat sitting on the steps of our front porch. I bend down and she sniffs me before rubbing her head on my palm. I pet her beautiful fur, making her purr lightly. She lays down on the steps, so I sit down next to her. I really want to have a cat someday. They're amazing. Suddenly, I hear the door behind me open, so I look back, seeing Wesley in his sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"You should come inside, it's cold, Vio", he says.

I continue petting the cat next to me, seeing she closed her eyes and is still purring against my hand. She seems like she's asleep.

"Okay but give me one more minute. She's about to fall asleep and she's so soft", I tell him,

"Okay but make sure you're quiet because Mom's asleep, she has a migrane", Wes explains.

I just nod and hear him leaving but leaving the door open for me. I think back at that couple in the car earlier. I wish I was that happy again. Of course, I'm happy but a boyfriend would be an addition to my happiness. Niall is really nice and friendly and actually a decent guy but he's off limits for me. Wesley told me and he told Niall but I really don't understand why. Of course, I'm Wesley's little sister and Niall is his best friend but that shouldn't be a reason to not let us start something up. I like Niall but I know that we will never have a relationship further than a friendship. Wesley will keep it that way and it's Niall's personality and his reputation that will keep us from being closer. All I want is for myself to find the right guy and be happy with him and myself.

come closer || nh auजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें