XII - Strike One!

Começar do início

And of course, don't forget Kaeru. Aside from the villagers' nasty stares, the tension between him and his brother is already a lot to take. Kaeru knows that Kakashi hates him, yet the elder pretends to love him and care about him. It's like two nemesis playing best friends, living with each other, and neither of them is going to quit the game anytime soon. Kakashi, out of guilt, and Kaeru simply wanted to savour the sweet moments while they last.

A team of three fucked up kids. How fun.

"It's just as big as the one in Konoha," Kaeru commented, pulling Anko's sleeve, "Are you nervous, Anko-chan?"

Well, looks like the caffeine is starting to do its magic.

"No way!" Yes, of fucking course I am. "What about you, Kaeru?"

The Hatake shrugged. "I don't know how to feel, but I think I'll be okay."

Shisui gestured his teammates to come closer as he approached the building's entrance. He pulled out his ID and showed it to the guards, who asked for his teammates' and checked the three of them. Once it was done, they stepped aside to let the team in.

"You three don't look so strong. You're the only ones from Konoha?" Anko nodded, and the said guard smirked, "Well, try not to die, then. Wouldn't like to send your corpses back to your village."

Shisui shook his head and walked inside, followed by Anko. "Thank you for the advice!" Kaeru smiled and waved at the guards. Somehow, seeing that calms down his teammates. Shisui was a little worried, just like Anko, but Kaeru is slowly switching back to his usual self.

The inside was a little crowded. There were a lot of genins, some were accompanied by their intimidating jonin sensei, others were putting up brave facades.

"This place is full of freaks," Anko muttered, sneaking a glance at a girl who was playing with kunais in chakra strings. One of her teammates was making an origami out of paper bombs, and the other one has a bottle of dark-colored liquid in his hands, currently poking the lid with a long senbon needle.

Shisui eyed his purple-haired teammate and scoffed. "Is it supposed to be a bad thing? We're gonna fit in perfectly."

Kaeru laughed. "I think it's gonna be fun!"

| × | × | × | × | × |

"This is totally not fun."

Shisui smiled in amusement at Kaeru's words. "Of course not. It's an exam. A written test. Why would it be fun?"

Anko ignored Kaeru's pout. "Well, it's starting soon! Good luck!"

"Don't." Shisui smirked, "You need it more than I do, young lady."

"How dare you-..."

A booming voice interrupted all of them. "Alright, brats, get to your assigned seats! I want you all to shut up now, or I'll rip your tongues out!" In a few seconds, all the chatters had turned into pin-drop silence. The head proctor smirked and began his speech, all the rules and regulations which only made Kaeru doze off, head on his table.

Footsteps approached him, and Kaeru jumped when someone slammed their fist onto the wooden surface. There were a few mocking, amused chuckles, and when Kaeru looked up, he saw the same man staring down at him. He was giving him a death glare, complete with an evil smirk on his face.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" The said proctor dragged his fingernails along the table, the screeching noise made many of them flinch, though they clearly tried to hide it, "A stupid little mouse couldn't even follow such a simple order!"

"... Actually, no one said I'm not allowed to sleep..." Kaeru muttered under his breath, but unluckily for him, the proctor heard his statement and suddenly pulled his hair and leaned down to whisper in his ear.