un

A FLIRTATIONSHIP !

MACKENZIE ROLLED HER EYES, clicking off the way too predictable "horror" movie. She grabbed her empty cup and went back into the kitchen for a refill, only before settling herself back onto the couch and scrolling through the genres for something good to watch.

It's Six O'clock on a Friday night and there's no place she'd rather be. Mackenzie is perfectly content with staying in, wearing oversized clothing and binging on her favourite snacks. Her parents aren't usually home often considering they work late hours. She understands but sometimes it hurts.

Normally she'd be hanging out with her best friend, but he isn't with her tonight. Mackenzie didn't bother messaging him because he was probably busy. She groaned as the doorbell rang, forcing her to get up from her comfortable position and answer.

Mackenzie pat her hair down before opening the door. "What's popping, bestie!" He exclaimed, wearing the biggest grin ever. She thought he wouldn't show, but he did.

She could only laugh, Mackenzie pulled the door open wider and allowed him in. Once she closed the door, her best friend pulled in the small teenager for a hug.

"Hi, Johnny," she muttered against his chest, taking in the gesture. Mackenzie pulled out of his hug quickly so she didn't seem weird.

She snuggled back under the many cosy blankets that she had brought out. Johnny sat beside her, covering his legs with one of the blankets.

Johnny Orlando. Mackenzie Ziegler's best friend. They're inseparable. Wherever Mackenzie was you'd find Johnny by her side and vice versa. Most girls envy Mackenzie because Johnny is known to be a player at his school. Many girls are hooking up with him and would love to be close with him like Mackenzie is.

She doesn't blame the girls who want to be with Johnny, he's extremely good looking. From his dirty blonde hair down to his unbelievable body. And his emerald green eyes that Mackenzie adores.

Mackenzie noticed he wasn't in his usual pair of sweatpants and a hoodie, Johnny was clad in a white tee and black ripped jeans, along with a black leather jacket that complimented his outfit.

Kenzie was munching on popcorn bits. "What's with the clothes?" Johnny nervously smiled.

She finally came to a realisation, it was Friday night. Her eyes widened and she instantly shook her head. "Kenzie, come on! You always say no, please just this once? It'll be cool and I promise you I won't leave your side." He whined, locking his eyes with the brown orbs that belonged to his best friend.

He wanted to share the fun experience of parties with her.

Sighing, she stood up and began to walk up the stairwell. "Fine, only because I love you," She shouts, rolling her eyes.

He's my best friend, I love him. He's the brother I've never had, Mackenzie thought.

Mackenzie has an older sister, Madison, but she moved to Sydney Australia with her husband, Jack. .

Johnny is like the sibling Mackenzie needs since Maddie can't be here at all time. There's no way she'd love Johnny like that. Well that's what she thinks.

"Kenzie, hurry up, it's almost seven!"

She took her time, Mackenzie wanted to look good for her first party. Before walking downstairs she quickly examined her appearance in the mirror. Maddie had left some clothes of her for Mackenzie to wear, and she picked out a black spaghetti strapped dress that had a v-line, showing off a bit of cleavage.

She only applied minimum makeup. Kenzie slowly made her way down the stairwell and faked a small cough to grab his attention from his phone, probably messaging some girl.

His emerald green eyes rake up and down Mackenzie's body, taking in her appearance. He's never seen her look so dressed up and.. pretty. Johnny never thought of Mackenzie in such a way, she is his best friend. He felt like he couldn't contain himself.

Mackenzie felt her cheeks heat up slightly, she quickly walked out the doorway, followed by Johnny who closed it after them. They got into Johnny's car & Mackenzie hit the radio. The song 'honest' by Shawn Mendes comes on.

"IT'S THAT I HATE TO HURT YOU!"

"BUT I GOT TO BE HONEST!"

"I CAN'T GIVE YOU WHAT YOU NEED!"

Johnny and Mackenzie rock out to a few songs enjoying each other's company. He luckily found a parking space once they arrived.

"Come on, we're here princess." He says, chewing on some gum, the words flew freely out of his mouth. Johnny was surprised with himself. Mackenzie was surprised that he said that.

Her cheeks turned a crimson red yet again, but it was dark so he couldn't notice.

The shy brunette followed behind him and into the house. He had received waves, head nods, flirtatious smiles etc. Mackenzie was receiving the opposite. Glares, snarky looks, and people were pointing. Not to her surprise, a girl approached Johnny and began to whisper in his ear.

Whatever she said, he declined by shaking his head and interlocking his hands with Mackenzie. She had asked him if he wanted to go upstairs, but he was here with Mackenzie. "Woah, Johnny Orlando pushed a girl away, is the world ending?" He playfully shoved her forearm after hearing her tease.

"I'm here to hangout with you, you're better than any of the girls I've ever spoken to." He smiled and quickly looked ahead. Mackenzie looked down at her shoes and smiled to herself as they walked to the dance floor.

Upbeat songs were played, their bodies moved to the beat and wild moves were being thrown. Their proximity was intense, Mackenzie couldn't take it anymore. Her eyes escaped his, she looked around and had spotted a girl with Jet black hair staring at Johnny's figure.

Mackenzie smirked then looked back at Johnny. "Hey I'm going to grab a drink, for now go talk to that girl on the couch, she's interested!" She spoke above the music, winking.

He shook his head. "I'm here with you, Princess," Mackenzie rolled her eyes.

"Go!" She urged, he raised his hands in defence.

"Fine, I'll go," he muttered, turning around and approaching the girl.

Mackenzie found her way outside, scrolling through her phone once she found a bench to sit on. What she didn't know was she just set Johnny up with trouble and drama.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

i used to have a flirtationship :/