One

Sorry it's been a couple of days, I've been trying to post this but Wattpad hasn't been agreeing with me. I don't know whether anyone else has been having any problems but it just wouldn't let me get this up! 

------------------------------

Joe led the way into the living room sitting back down on the couch where he was before answering the door and his younger brother joined him but he continued to get his shoes on. What he was doing before his younger brother arrived.

"Where are you going?" Nick questioned.

"You know where I'm going." Joe mumbled and Nick sighed leaning back on the couch.

https://weheartit.com/entry/234222724?context_page=200&context_query=Joe+Jonas&context_type=search

"Again?" You were only there yesterday." Nick stated.

"She's my best friend, Nick. She's going to need me there as much as I can be and you don't know when they are going to start limiting it. I'd imagine soon when she's starting to settle in." Joe replied tying his laces up glancing up a the time seeing he was too early. He was just anxious to go.

"I just still can't believe she's there, I mean, she must be freaking out and that's not going to be any good..." Nick trailed off.

"You think I don't know that?" Joe questioned sighing this time leaning back too slouching on the couch. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I know you're just stressed but you know were here to talk to you if you need it." Joe nodded his head gently.

"You know she didn't do it, right?" Joe questioned looking over at him and he nodded his head gently.

"Of course, if she says she didn't then I have to believe her. She's like my sister. I just want the best for her." Joe sighed playing with his hands gently.

"I just want her back."

"I'm sure it's being worked on, she shouldn't be there for much longer." Nick tried to assure him but he knew it wasn't completely true, what he had said.

"I should get going soon, I don't want to be late. She'll be waiting for me." Joe stated standing up.

"You want me to come? I can go for a walk or wait in the car." Nick suggested but he shook his head.

"I'll be okay, it's her going through it all, not me." Joe replied entering the hall with his brother taking his jacket off the peg and he slipped it on his shoulders.

"You love her though." Nick replied and Joe rolled his eyes at him.

"So? What does that have anything to do with?" Joe questioned stepping out with him and he locked his apartment door behind him before shoving the keys in his pocket with his hands as they headed towards the elevator.

"It must be hard for you." Nick shrugged his shoulders.

"It's very hard for me, especially because she has no idea. I've just got to help her through it." Joe stated pressing the ground floor and they were soon outside in the parking lot.

"Call if you need anything alright?" Nick questioned.

"Thanks Nick," Joe stated as they headed towards their own cars. "Hey Nick?!" Joe called after him.

"Yeah?!"

"You wanna meet up for lunch afterwards?" Nick smiled nodding his head gently.

"I'll meet you at the usual place!" Nick called back before climbing into his car as Joe did the same. They followed one another halfway before they split up.

_____________

Joe took in a deep breath as he pulled up in a parking space. He made sure he left his phone in the car as he got out only taking his keys with him locking it as he walked away. He entered through the automatic doors meeting with the other visitors. He signed his name down on the sheet handing over his keys, he had been enough now to know he couldn't take anything in. He lifted his arms up allowing them to pat him down and he allowed anything they needed him to do to see his best friend before he was led into the room.

"If you sit down on number fifteen, she'll be there soon." He was instructed and he thanked him wondering down the room a bit before he sat down in the chair left for him. He didn't know why he always felt nervous when he came to see her. She was his best friend, she would never think anything less of him. He was still in shock about what had happened. He looked up when he saw movement knocking him out of his thoughts and he cracked a small smile when he saw her sit down opposite him on the other side of the clear barrier.

They both reached for the phone at the same time holding it against their ears.

"I'm surprised you're still coming." Demi mumbled.

"I'll always come." Joe assured her but that was how their conversations had started since he was able to come visit her.