Chapter Eight - Savior

Slight trigger warning ahead, read at your own risk.

You got to school early the next day and sat at your desk in the empty classroom. You checked your phone. There was twenty minutes before class started. You slumped into your seat and sighed. Maybe you would have some time to watch your favorite anime Danganronpa. You put in your earbuds and started watching the third episode, where your favorite character was going crazy because he was about to be caught since his name was written in number code on the wall where he murdered his victim. It was pretty sad.

Before long your classmates started showing up, and Oogami and Asahina came.

"Hey, (y/n)," said Asahina. She still seemed nervous like yesterday, but better probably because of Oogami's presence.

"What's up?" you asked.

"We were wondering if you were busy this weekend," Asahina explained. "We want to bring you out for your birthday!" You smiled.

"Well thank you guys," you started. "I'm not busy this weekend."

"Yay!" Asahina exclaimed.

"Maybe while we're out we can help you find your soulmate," Oogami added. You blushed and you thought of Leon. What about him? Yesterday was strange. Was it normal for him to kiss a girl's cheek, play around with them, and then call them a friend? You just smiled and tried to move your mind off of him again.

The bell rang and Leon wasn't in class. He was going to be late again and the teacher was going to be angry he skipped out on detention the previous day.

But class passed by and Leon didn't appear. Was he sick? Was he just ditching?

----

Timeskip...

You were trying to focus on adding information on bullets for the project your next class, but you just couldn't focus.

"(y/n), are you okay?" Naegi asked as he stopped working. "Are you alright because you've been quiet all class." You hummed.

"Oh! Yeah I'm fine," you replied. Naegi blinked, not seeming to believe you but continued working. That's why you liked him as a friend. He could tell when you didn't want to talk about something.

"Just know I'm here to listen," he added. You were startled. Of course you trusted Naegi, but you never knew he'd be someone you could confide in. You smiled to yourself.

----

The rest of the school day was boring as hell and you were happy to finally be able to walk home. As you took your bag from your locker, someone approached you.

"I saw you hanging out with Leon again," Enoshima said as you closed your locker in her serious tone, with glasses on. "That was balls."
"I'm not in the mood for your shit, Junko," you huffed and started walking away.

"I warned you to stay away!" Enoshima screamed, now she had no glasses and her tongue stuck out with a psychotic expression on her face. "I gave you multiple chances! AND YOU DIDN'T FOLLOW THE RULES!" Students stared. Enoshima made a growling sound and shoved you to the ground and kicked you in the stomach. She was about to kick again, but you grabbed her leg and pulled her down onto the ground. You hoisted yourself up and ran out of the school, trying to get home as soon as possible. You slammed the door behind you, thankful that you live alone so you can be by yourself. You flopped onto your bed after you got into your room.

Was Enoshima going to go after you since you escaped? You didn't feel safe even at your own home. You needed fresh air. You decided to go back to the city, but that'd be hard since you didn't have a car. Oh well. You started walking, and noticed the air was getting colder. You looked at the sky and noticed it was sunset. Leon said something about the city at night. You shrugged it off. It wasn't your problem at the moment. The city lights shone brightly, but there were dark alleyways that you decided not to trust.