Chapter Ten - Revelations

Omg thanks for 100 reads in less than a month this means so much to me!!

Your eyes flew open as soon as you heard your alarm. It was finally your birthday. You shot up from your bed and stretched quickly.

"Yesssss I'm sixteen! I can finally learn how to drive," you exclaimed, even though it was only you in the whole house. Your eyes widened. "Where's my priorities?! I finally have my soulmate tattoo!" You pulled up your pajama sleeve so fast you were surprised it didn't rip. You looked at your right wrist and gasped. The tattoo was there. It was a silver note that you were sure was an eighth note. It was like someone painted glitter on your arm in the shape of a note. You had a grin on your face that stretched from ear to ear.

But before you could forget all about getting ready for school, your phone buzzed.

Leon <3: I'll be there to pick you up in a half an hour.

You almost forgot Leon was going to pick you up from now on. You threw on a nice gray hoodie with a silver note on it that was different than the one on your wrist but was pretty similar so you could secretly celebrate the tattoo. Yes, secretly. You weren't going to show anyone the tattoo until you were sure of who your soulmate was. You quickly had breakfast, and then there was a knock on the door. You opened it and smiled at Leon.

"Hey, thanks for picking me up," you said. Leon smirked.

"No problem. Happy birthday," Leon said, handing you a small box. You gasped, and opened it. Inside was a gold chain bracelet with a guitar charm.

"It's amazing!" you exclaimed. Before you could stop yourself, you hugged Leon with such force you both almost fell over. You blushed in embarrassment. "Sorry, but thank you so much."

"You're welcome babe," he replied, before turning red because of what he said. You stared at him, unable to process what he had said. Did he seriously just call you that?! "Uh, let's go before we're late for school." Without waiting for you to respond, he leads you to his truck, and drives you to school. From there he drops you off and goes somewhere to park, and you're instantly tackled by Asahina.

"(y/n)! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" she practically screams.

"AHH! ASAHINA YOU ARE GONNA KILL ME!" you screamed. Oogami pulled Asahina off you.

"Now let's calm down," Oogami said, but she couldn't hide the smile on her face. "Happy birthday, (y/n)."

"Thanks," you replied, panting. "For saying that and saving me from Asahina."

"Did you find your tattoo?" Asahina squealed with stars practically in her eyes. You nodded.

"Yeah I love it," you replied.

"Can we see it?" Asahina asked, no, begged.

"I was going to wait until I found my soulmate to show anyone," you said.

"Please?" Asahina whined.

"Aoi, if (y/n) doesn't want to show it that's fine," Oogami defended.

"Thanks but I'll show you guys," you cut in. "Maybe you can help." You pulled up your sleeve and showed the silver note. Asahina almost started dancing.

"It's amazing! But it looks familiar," Asahina said, examining your wrist.

"I've seen it before too," Oogami said. "Like at a sporting event I think soccer or baseball.." Asahina nodded.

"Yeah that's where I saw it before," Asahina added. You pulled up your sleeve as you felt the presence of another.

"Hey, hey, you showed them your tattoo first and not your absolute best friend?" Leon whined as he used his elbow to rest on your shoulder. You patted his arm.

"Sorry, girl talk," you said while smirking.

"So what's your tattoo?" Leon said, mirroring your smirk.

"I'm not showing you until I have a soulmate to show you," you teased. Leon got off your shoulder and crossed his arms.

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours," Leon huffed. You shook your head.

"No, show me first!" you replied. You really wanted to show him but you were afraid of seeing his tattoo not matching yours and you would be left heartbroken.

"Come on, (y/n), it's only fair," Asahina put in. "You showed us!"

"I'm sorry, this is how it's gonna be," you said, sticking your tongue out at Leon.

"Really," he said bemused. The doors opened.

"Love the chat and all but we have class!" you exclaimed, rushing inside.

"Come back we walk together ya dip!" Leon shouted behind you, easily catching up. "I'm not gonna you off so easily!" You groaned.

"Maybe after class," you grumbled, though there was a faint smile on your face.

All of class Leon kept throwing crumpled notes at your head, all asking you to show him your wrist. It only stopped when the teacher threatened to send him to the office for 'causing a disruption' but he continued after she turned her back. Soon class was over and you rushed out before he could catch you. You rushed towards your locker but crashed into someone. You fell to the ground and your eyes widened as you realized who you crashed into. Junko Enoshima.

"Watch where you're fucking going, clutz!" she snapped. Suddenly a small smile appeared on her face. "Oh isn't it your birthday today, my bad!" Her smile turned crazy and there was a dark light to her eyes. "If I'm not wrong, you didn't want to show anyone your tattoo right?!" You were about to ask how she knew that, but she grabbed your wrist, forcing you up, and pulled down the sleeve. Everyone was staring at it. "HAHAHA WHICH LOSER IS HER SOULMATE?!" You heard a gasp and saw in the corner of your eye Leon staring at the mark. You looked down at the ground, sad. The sadness didn't last long, and you grew angry and slapped Enoshima with your free hand, running off. You knew Leon couldn't be your soulmate. You ran into the girls' bathroom, locking yourself in a stall. It was too much stress. Deep down you knew it shouldn't have been a big deal but it was embarrassing. You probably looked weak. You sat down on the floor and started crying.

The girls' bathroom door opened and you immediately grew quiet. You hoped it wasn't Enoshima coming to taunt you. Someone knocked on your stall.

"P-Please leave me alone," you whimpered.

"Can we talk?" you were shocked to hear Leon's voice. In the girls' bathroom.

"What?"

"Can we talk?" Leon repeated. "Preferably in the stall because if I was caught in here I'm dead." You giggled softly before unlocking the stall and letting him in. Leon's hair was slightly messy, as if he was moving quickly and carelessly. Probably chasing after you. He saw your eyes, which were probably red, and sighed sadly. "I'm sorry Junko did that to you."

"I-It's okay you shouldn't be the one to apologize," you said.

"But I should have noticed someone was hurting my best friend!" Leon protested. "It obviously wasn't the first time she's said something to you."

"It's okay!" you snapped. "Look, is that the only reason you're here?" Leon looked at the ground and you felt bad for snapping.

"No, it's not," Leon admitted. "I saw your tattoo."

"That wasn't the way I wanted you to see it," you sighed. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," Leon replied. "I'm glad I saw it." He was fiddling with his right sleeve.

"Why? Do you know who it is?" you said, your heart dropping.

"Actually I do," said Leon. He looked dead into your eyes. You felt nervous. "But first I promised that if I saw yours that I would show you mine."

"R-Really?" He pulled up his sleeve, and you looked at his wrist to see a silver note.

Cliffhanger because I'm mean as hell.