Nervously, I stepped out of the car and Chase followed.

"Why do I have a feeling you've been in this sort of situation before?" I ask him. "You're too... unfazed."

The corner of his mouth turned up. "You don't know the first thing about me."

"Like how mentally, you could be shivering?"

"Or not scared at all." He shrugged. "What could go wrong?"

Exactly.
What could possibly go wrong?

We entered the club, and the music hit me like at blast. The place reeked of booze and alcohol.

The club was full even for a weekday, and grinding bodies moved to the beat on the dance floor. Various bartenders served alcohol and champagne, dressed in all black. 

Chase's hand found the small of my back.

"It's going to be okay." He whispered in my ear. His lips were close to my neck and I could feel hot air coming out of his mouth on my skin as he spoke.

I nodded. By the gambling area, my eye landed on him in a midst of bodies.

The murderer.

He cheered as he won another pot and leaned in to kiss the girl on his lap.

"That could be a problem." Chase said, motioning to the girl.

"She's a distraction." I realised. 

We made our way to the tables, and stood for a while watching them. Roland looked up and his eye caught mine for a second. He smirked. 

Gosh, I wanted to puke. 

Chase, meanwhile, worked on the girl. He leaned by the corner and smiled at her, and the girl all but swooned. 

She got off Roland's lap and Roland rolled his eyes.

"Wanna dance, sweetheart?" She walked over to where Chase was standing.

"Sure." Chase agreed.

He had left me an opening, but all I felt was dread. In a heartbeat, he was gone.

Roland called me over to where he was sitting. I pulled a chair to sit to next to him, not wanting to be like that girl.

Geez, loosen up, Kylie. It's all for a good cause.

Roland put his hand on my lap. "Did you fall out of heaven, babe?"

No, but I might have dug my way out of hell.

I pretended to smile and giggle too, and his hand rose higher to the hem of my skirt.

Once the game was over, Roland leaned over towards me. "Want to head somewhere a little more...private?"

Wow, that was easy.

"What did you have in mind?"

He got up and took my hand. I let him lead me up the stairs to where the private rooms were.

I bit my lip in what I hoped was a seductive motion when he opened the door to one.

I know what you did. I thought as he closed the door behind him.

When he made his way towards me, I was so repulsed I actually took a step back and crossed my arms.  

"You must have quite a lot of friends, huh?" I said assertively.

What was I doing?

"I guess." He replied. He smelled disgusting, like week-old clothes and alcohol.