Jeronah's fists clenched and his eyes were getting aggressive.

"Why did you hurt my son? Why did you torture him?" he asked.

"Every time I saw a mixture of you and Meloras within him, I punished him because I knew you would one day blame yourself. I see your shame, and every scar on his body is your fault!" Lucifer spat.

The demons behind the devil were staring at their master, either confused or confident.

"Why are you all supporting him?" Kaiden spoke. "Didn't you just hear what was said? Lucifer used to be an angel. He's one of the beings we were taught to hate!"

Lucifer spun and scowled at his demons. They lowered their heads, not daring to be as bold as Kaiden.

"I created you, you all belong to me!" Lucifer roared, and everyone fell silent.

"What is going on?" Kaiden asked and turned to his mother. "I'm trying to keep up, but I just don't get it." He was confused about why the devil separated them from Jeronah and why Lucifer had kept them prisoner in hell.

"Do you know why I made you my best soul-catcher?" Lucifer asked and tossed the whip from one hand to the other. He was getting impatient which meant that it would snap very soon, and his companions would fulfil their purpose by coming with him. It was clear that the devil had prepared to protect himself. He expected a fight. "Because I wanted you to loath angels and I succeeded until you met him." His red eyes flicked to Milokan who was listening silently. "Then everything changed. I should have known."

When Lucifer stared at Milokan and gripped the whip until his knuckles turned white, Jeronah stood in front of Kaiden. He rested a hand on his son's chest and pushed him back until the demon stood next to his soulmate.

"I am livid beyond belief," Jeronah spoke carefully. "I want to kill you for what you have put my son and my soulmate through. You took them from me. You proceed to cause them pain and misery for sixteen years. If you came here to fight, that is what you are getting. You are going to pay for what you have done."

"And how are you going to do that?" Lucifer smirked when his loyal and dimwitted demons crowded him, protecting him. "There's only four of you."

"Wow, he can count," Kaiden muttered.

Lucifer lifted his whip and slapped it down, letting the end spark a rock next to Milokan. The angel got such a fright that he stumbled and fell backwards onto the sand. The demons erupted with laughter while Kaiden turned and crouched. Milokan looked bewildered for a moment.

"keep yourself together, I think we might have to fight," Kaiden whispered while his mother and Jeronah stared down Lucifer. Milokan climbed to his feet and looked around. They were heavily outnumbered and didn't stand much of a chance against the devil.

"We can't win," he whispered, but Kaiden already knew that.

"It looks like this might be easier for me than I thought." Lucifer took a step towards his brother, not caring about his life. If he killed him, then so be it. "Demons, get him!" he pointed at Milokan with a dirty finger.

Milokan gasped when two females edged towards him, but his vision was blocked by Kaiden, who shielded him with his big frame. The women stopped, tense and unsure.

"Do it!" Lucifer snarled.

Kaiden started shoving Milokan away, so he had the chance to defend them both.

"Get away from me," he yelled. "I won't hesitate to kill you!"

"What are you trying to succeed?" questioned Meloras. The situation was slowly getting out of hand.