It's cramped and full of insects and the smell was horrible..

But above all...

The darkness...

As soon as it becomes night, the darkness gets to her and she feels so scared in here all alone in the whole world without anyone.

Annika was fed just one meal a day and she grew thinner day by day. Once she hesitantly picked her courage to ask them about this situation, they had locked up her for the whole day until she begged she won't ask anything.

It was terrible....

She always felt there was someone in there in her little room, in darkness, her heart beats wildly in fear.

Annika should never feel happy...

Whenever she felt happy, the happiness disappeared just like that.

Little Annika drew her knees to her chest and hugged herself, it's almost a month and she felt she will die of starvation and if not that this darkness was going to kill her..

She felt like she will die here all alone in darkness, without anyone to console her.

Will she stay here like this until the day she dies?

After some days, she was finally rescued when the orphanage staffs had come to check up of her living surroundings.

Annika was taken to hospital to treat her wounds and malnutrition due to lack of food.

She was rescued but the fear stayed with her all these years and she has developed a fear of darkness even more before~~~~~

Annika gasped from her memories...

No.... No.....

She was not thinking about it...

It felt like she didn't know how to breathe properly.. She struggled to take breath..

She cannot bear to think of that hell hole again. Granted she was adopted after a few years by Saahil's parents but her fear stayed. It was difficult to trust adults after that but she did grew past all that. But times like these made her feel so vulnerable.

Just then she heard a sound...

She gripped the pan tighter and looked around, she hoped the candle stayed like that.. If not for that small light, she would've lost it.

That sound must be the opening of door because she saw light fill the room because of street lights outside.

She got up with trembling legs and pointed the pan to whoever entered the house..

“Annika"

The frying pan slid from her hand and fell on the floor with a thud..

Annika tripped a little on her way but she managed to run into his arms..

“Shivaay "

Her voice cracked and finally the tears she kept at bay trailed down her cheeks.

Shivaay....

Shivaay....

Shivaay....

Her heart beat slowly calmed down with the internal chanting of his name..

He hugged her back without hesitation..

His hands secured her as he hugged her tightly against him as if he will protect her from everything.

He loosened his hold even though she wanted the tightness of his arms around her.

His one hand caressed her back in comfort while his other hand was around her waist. His fingers gripped her waist in support..