Chapter 2- The Ball

*this picks up right after the end of last chapter. Oh that song is great you should listen to it. *

My father came rushing in after he heard me yell the next thing I knew I was engulfed in yet another bone crushing hug.

"Daddy... Can't... Breath... " I said and he hesitantly released me from his grip

"Sorry dear, I just couldn't help myself you've been gone for so long" daddy said I nodded

" I know daddy but I'm here now and I'm not planning on going anywhere until school starts up again... Oh did you know I got head girl!! "I said and dad hugs me once again. Glad to know he's proud of me.

"Darling that's wonderful" dad says as he let me go. I've always been a daddy's girl I love my mom but me and dad have a bond no one can replace. He continued. " We should host a ball for your return and to congratulate you on your position as head girl. " I nodded happily. " Closets friends and family" I nodded again.

"Richard we can have it tonight. As long as you are OK with it Sera? " mum said

"Course mummy " I nodded

"Your closet is full of clothes that will fit you. Oh and your room will decorate when you walk in and I want to talk to you about veelas. " I looked at her with curiosity in my eyes. ( thoughts = italics) veelas what? Why? Curiouser and curiouser.

"I already know about veelas. There are two different kinds light veelas and dark veelas. Light veelas have light hair and bright eyes . Both light and dark veelas have gorgeous complexions. Dark veelas have dark hair and darker eyes. They both sprout wings when they are mad or someone is messing with their mate. Light veela have white wings and still look human when their veelas are out. On the other hand dark veelas have black wings and they have bird like features... They are mated for life to one person they tend to yell mine or mate when they are around their mate they have to mark and mate before their 18th birthday or else they will die a slow painful death" mum and dad stand their looking completely she'll shocked I just recited the definition of both light and dark veelas from the top of my head.

"Wow Scar she gets her smarts from you" dad says while chuckling. Mum playfully hits him on the arm.

"So why did you need to talk to me about veelas? " I asked. They looked at each other than back to me.

"Your a light veela dear." I looked at them completely shocked

"So your telling me I have 1 year to find my mate?!?! " they nod

"Good news is he could be at the ball tonight "I just nodded not knowing what else to do

"Sera, dear you should go and get ready for the ball your gonna wanna look your best for this occasion. I will owl the guest it shouldn't take that long the ball will start at 8:30 tonight you still have 3 hours to get ready Sera "I nodded once again and left for my room .

I walked up the stairs to the second floor. I turned to my door it looked the same as it had when I was a baby. I opened the door and as soon as stepped inside. ( the room looked like this)

I went to the left to find a big wooden door. I opened it to find a walk in closet full of dresses and jeans, skirts, shorts, jackets, shirts. I see a door at the back of my closet and I walk to it and open that door to find the bathroom.

It was beautiful. I had a glass shower. Grey tile on the floor white walls a big mirror with two sinks. A bathtub that looked like a hot tub stoned around the bathtub it was breathtaking.

I looked at my watch and decided to get ready for the ball . I took an hour shower. I decided to do my hair and makeup before I put on my dress.

Make up took a half an hour it turned out great