The Mystery Man

My name is Alex Middleton, and I've been born with a blessing and a curse. I have this...ability.

------

     "You've got the knife?" The man said through an earpiece.

     "Yeah, where is he?" The thug replied.

     "Upstairs, take a left, apartment 6."
     "Got it. Wait. Someone's here."

      The mysterious man looked inside.

      "Hello? Anyone home?Housekee-"

      "Hi there!"
The mysterious man turned quickly.

       Adrenaline. Right there. He's expecting no one to be here. Fishy.

    "Ah, you had me spooked, is there a Oliver Conover here?"

     "Yes. Next door" I said.
Then. I noticed something.
*sniff* Iron.

    "May I ask what you need. I don't think he is here."

     "There. Right there. His blood pressure spiked. His hand. Its twitching... Almost like he's getting ready to grab something." The man thought

     "I-uh- I'm a friend of his. From out of town." The nervous man said with a see through grin.
"Is that so?" The man replied

      A number popped over his head. 4, 5, 6, 7.

      The mysterious man pulled his knife, then swinging it at the stranger. Catching a nick at his chest and arm.

     And there's only one teeny tiny issue.I had no idea how to fight.

     The knife left a gash on his chest.

     "Whoa. What the hell is your prob-" The thug lashed at Alex again. Alex thought and instinctively grabbed a fire extinguisher of of the wall. The thug lashed at him a third time, this time Alex blocked it with the fire extinguisher. He sprayed him in the face, then out of instinct, kicked his knee out, knocking him out with a blow to the head.

   "Ma'am do not panic. We'll be there shortly." The dispatcher said over the line. The man turned around. He saw a woman. Mid twenties. Shaking. Her number was a 2. Not dangerous at all.

    "Mrs. Conover?"

    "Ye-yes. That's me"

    "Leave. Now. Someone's after you and your husband. Go." Alex said.

     As Mrs. Conover went inside and grabbed her things, Alex crouched down and found a wallet inside of the thugs pants.

     "Dumb guy. Let's see who you work for...Charles Edith. Let's get you nice and cozy."

About 3 hours passed.

Charles' blood pressure is rising. He's waking up 

     "WHERE AM I, LET ME GO, I WILL KILL YOU, I'LL SKIN YOUR PANSY ASS. 

     "Shut up. I don't want to be here all night, I'm going to cut to the chase. Who do you work for and why did you target Mr. Oliver?

     "I don't know, the guy was in the wrong place, wrong time, the boss wanted him dead for it."

Alex took a tire iron off of a pool table being used as a desk. 

     "You sure? Is that it?

      "Yes"

His blood pressure is fluctuating, he lying, or...

Alex approached Charles in a slow menacing manner, he grabbed his sleeve up, revealing a needle mark.

      "What is this"

       "Ketamine"

       "Ketamine is water soluble, correct? Who gave this to you"

Charles had a long pause followed by a quiet

       "Him"