XXVI

this will be in third person

Genesis just pulled up at the starbucks and anxiety filled her body, she slowly got out the car and pulled down my skirt and soon after she wiped her sweaty palms and walked in.  nate was sitting in the back. he looked up at me and his face lit up and she looked down. he stood up and she sat in front of him.

"i got you a green tea frappuccino." he said to her smiling. "you remembered?" she asked and for some reason her heart sparked up. "look. i wanted to meet up with you and apologize for everything...." he said and tried to grab her hand. she pulled away and took a sip of her frappuccino. "i'm listening." she said and tried to swallow the drink along with her anxiety.

"last year, when you got pregnant.... i was happy and so excited to have a baby with you." he said and her heart sank as he brought up they're unborn child. "one day i went out with some people who i thought were my friends. and i tried to be cool and i did some drugs..... i already smoke weed. but i'm sure you know what i mean." he said and she got confused.

"we went out and did the same thing for that whole week and i met a girl..... being high isn't an excuse but gene, i wasn't just off weed man...." he said and she started to cry. "you called and she picked up. i won't lie, we did sexual things. i ran into someone and they took me away from the party and helped sober me up..... by the time i was sober you had already lost our kid." he said and she cried more

"the point it. i was stupid. i should of just stayed home with you.... when i got home i didn't mean to snap at you and blame the miscarriage on you. it was my fault. maybe if i was a better man we'd still be together and we would probably have a kid." he said and she wiped her tears

" he said and she wiped her tears

"i love you, genesis.... and i'm so sorry for hurting you." he said and went to grab her hand. she slid her chair back and stood up. "like you said being high isn't an excuse. i forgive you, maybe we lost the kid for a reason. i don't think love you anymore nate. thank you for apologizing." she said and walked out starbucks.