26•oh i suck alright

Violet

16th April
[12:31 am]

We don't say anything. He just takes my hand and leads me down Logan's window. They had nailed a ladder to the outside of it when they went through their rebellious phase.

Never thought I would climb down it.

We walk five blocks and then I realize that he's taking me to his apartment. Penthouse to be exact. The Locke's are loaded, both his father and mother. So no wonder I guess.

We take the elevator in silence, his hand no longer intertwined with mine. Somehow I know I'll forgive him. That he'll always win me over. And I know that I will confess everything to him, regardless of the consequences.

I'll live with them, I tell myself.

Maybe that's why I tentatively reach out and slip my hand into his much larger one.

And I feel a thousand butterflies when he grips it, not a second late.

My heart stops clenching painfully.

I feel fuzzy.

And warm.

The elevator dings and he gently tugs on my arm, leading me to a door. He doesn't let go, even when he swipes the keycard. He doesn't let go when he closes the door behind us and locks it. He doesn't let go when he leads me to his bedroom. And he doesn't let go until I'm sitting on his bed, as he plops beside me.

We are encased in silence for a few moments.
And then I smile.

"I always had a crush on you." I hear his sharp intake.

"You were perfect in my eyes. You still are. I never expected anything from you. I thought I would get over it. I thought I was over it when you left and we didn't talk." Tears gather in my eyes, making my voice crack.

I sniff. "Obviously I'm not."

Alex's hands are suddenly on my cheeks wiping the tears away. "It fucking breaks me to see you cry."

I manage to laugh a little. "Make me stop then."

I look up at him, adoration clear in my eyes.

"I never thought of you that way." My heart immediately plummets.

"I just thought of you as Logan's little sister." I don't dare move.

"And then that day, Logan was teasing me about you and I actually listened to him. I wondered why I always looked out for you. I wondered why you put up with me. I wondered why.

"So Logan suggested we give it a shot. It was meant to be just between us. Isabelle heard it all 'cause she was stalking me the entire night. She made it into a fucking spectacle. She forced Jeremy to continue texting you when I said I didn't want to anymore.

"I never expected you to text back. It woke me up I guess. And then we were texting and I couldn't stop. I couldn't fucking stop thinking about you." His hands slides down to my hands and his gaze follows them.

"I thought about all those memories of the three of us. All those times the both of us pranked Logan," he chuckles, the sound warming my insides.

"All those times I heard you in the shower singing along to those stupid songs. All those times you fell asleep on the couch. Every single time you smiled or laughed."

He looks at me, with his beautiful eyes burning like an inferno. "I couldn't forget, princess. I couldn't. And I know I'm an idiot for saying this but now," he takes a deep breath.

"I may not have seen you back then but I do now. You're all I see. You're all there is right now."

He leans in, touching his warm forehead to mine and he exhales.  I instinctively close my eyes.

"You suck," I manage to whisper.

I hear his sharp intake of breath. I feel it fan my face as he chuckles, his fingers on my face slightly trembling.

"Oh I suck alright."

He fused his mouth to mine.