Chapter 1

"Pj," Katie whined as her best friend lead her through their shared apartment with his hands covering her eyes, "What are you doing?"

Pj didn't reply but continued to lead Katie through the house, blind to where she was actually heading. That morning she was woken up but the painful screech of her name and a pair of arms pulling her out of bed. She was still in her pyjamas and the cold, wooden floor was icy on her feet because she was given no chance to put on some socks.

"Okay, are you ready?" Pj asked, making both their bodies come to a sudden stop.

Katie nodded excitedly making Pj chuckle a little, he began to count backwards from 3, keeping the tension alive. Soon he slowly rose his hands away from her face, letting her eyes become exposed to the early morning light that was coming through the drawn curtains.

Katie gasped happily from the scene in front of her. On the coffee table there was around 4 presents piled up neatly, next to them were two balloons taped to the edges with the words 'Happy Birthday' spread across them in colourful letters. Katie felt herself physically awe at Pj who was eager to hear her reaction. She hugged him tightly, thanking him repeatedly before moving to sit down and open her presents.

She moved her brown hair out of the way and pulled it up into a pony tail and shifted her glasses a little further up the bridge of her nose before beginning to pull the paper off her gifts. In the end she was surrounded by millions of shredded wrapping paper, a giant, golden teddy bear, a golden necklace that had her full name, 'Katie Alvey' in italic, joined writing, a gift box of sweets and a picture frame with a picture of her and Pj.

She smiled as she gripped the frame tightly, looking at her curly haired, green eyed best friend. He was stood with one arm wrapped around her, her hand coming up to make two bunny ears at the back of his head and the two had hysterical faces because they were laughing so hard.

Katie stood up and pulled Pj into a tight hug, rocking him side to side slightly.

"Thank you so much, Peej." Katie mumbled, "You've made this one of the best birthdays ever."

Before Pj could reply the sound of a doorbell chimed through the house and Pj pulled back and smirked at Katie.

"It's about to become ever better, now you go answer the door while I pick the wrapping paper up." Pj grinned before shooing her away to the door.

Katie moved as fast as her feet could carry her towards the door. She forcefully opened it and was met with a shock when three voiced screamed out 'Happy Birthday' the second she came into view.

At the door stood three of her very great friends, Dan Howell, Phil Lester and Sophie Clark. Phil was stood with a huge grin on his face, holding a perfectly wrapped gift in his arms. Dan was stood with an envelope in one hand and in the other he held Sophie's tightly, while Sophie's other hand she held a similar envelope.

"Guys, come in." Katie grinned as she hugged each of them, as the entered her home.

She listened as they all greeted Pj as they went into the living room. Katie closed their front door before finally joining them and they all stared at her hysterically as she entered. Before she could question she was pushed onto the, now cleaned up, floor and made to sit crossed legged in the same position as before.

"You can open this first," Phil grinned, pushing his present into her lap, "Happy Birthday, Katie."

Katie smiled appreciatively at Phil before tearing through the paper and holding up what he had bought her. Her eyes lit up when she inspected the t-shirt she was given. It was black and the band name, 'Panic! At The Disco' was written across it. She gasped in excitement as she moved it out of her view and gawked at Phil.

"Aww Phil, this is so amazing. This is the one I've been wanting." Katie said pulling Phil into another hug.

"Not to brag or anything, but I think my present is way better." Dan boasted, holding out the envelope to Katie who took it.

She wasted no time to rip the top off and receive the slips of paper that were inside. She gasped as she read over them, the hand that held the empty envelope going weak and it fluttered down to the floor.

"You got me, Panic! tickets?" Katie gasped speechless, "For all of us?"

She was nearly in tears, as she desperately clutched Dan in a hug not being able to show her appreciation enough. Dan laughed lightly and tapped her on the shoulder reassuringly as he hugged her back.

"These go with the tickets as, an upgrade." Sophie said, as Katie pulled away from Dan sniffling a little, "Nothing too important, but they will make the experience better."

Katie jumped at the envelope in Sophie's hands and tore away the top and plunged her hands in quickly. She pulled out five more pieces of card that had lanyards attached to them. Katie's eyes scanned over them before she jumped to her feet and practically tackled Sophie to the floor. Her eyes pooling over with happy tears.

"Are these real?" Katie choked into her shoulder.

"Very real." Sophie chuckled, as Katie pulled away and tried to wipe her eyes that were streaming with water.

"How did you manage to get VIP tickets?" Katie asked, inspecting them again.

"The main singer was once my brother in law to be, before my brother broke it off with him. We remained good friends, and I got in touch with him and told him it was your birthday." Sophie explained as she gripped Katie's arm, supporting her from falling onto the floor in a dazed mess.

"This is a dream." Katie said, slowly sinking to the floor.

"It most certainly is not! Because in around 24 hours time, we'll be back stage, talking to Brendon Urie." Sophie chuckled, as Katie sunk deeper to the floor and began to cry happier and harder tears.