The Arrival

To Be Avenged

By: Brianna MacLean

[1] The Arrival

It all started two years before I was born, my parents were going out for their anniversary. Little did they know their absence helped carry out the perfect murder.

This is where my story begins...

"Bye Mom, have a good time" replied Lisa anxiously waiting for her parents to leave. The door slowly closed behind her mother's flawless lightly tanned hand. She immediately walked over to their computer to talk to her friends when a strange message appeared...

Questionable_Sanity: Hey baby!!!
Purple_Xplosion: Who is this?
Questionable_Sanity: Ur secret admirer!!!!!
Purple_Xplosion: Oh really.... quit lyin! Who is this?
Questionable_Sanity: I loved u since the first time I stared into your eyes...
Questionable_Sanity: I think about u every day... you are my dream come true.
Questionable_Sanity: we met once! I don't think u remember tho.
Questionable_Sanity: I cut myself because the pain takes away my feelings of u.
Purple_Xplosion: ..WHO IS THIS!?!?!?
Questionable_Sanity: don't worry... I'll take very good care of you...
Questionable_Sanity had signed off.

Lisa had grown paranoid. 'This is all just a sick joke.' she mumbled to herself. Unwilling to take any chances she locked all her doors and windows, making sure her room was secured. Could she really have a stalker? This kind of stuff only happens in movies.
Right?

Tossing and turning, unable to rest in her own bed, Lisa decided to take comfort in lying beside her sister. 'There's safety in numbers..' she trailed off.

Lisa decided to leave the hall light on and the bedroom door cracked open to keep her mind at ease. She turned to her sister and saw her sprawled out and starfished in her giant bed, chuckling to herself Lisa picked up her sister's arm rolled her to her side, and stole half the blankets. She wrapped her arms around her sister's waist and felt her heart rate slow down as she and her sister's breathing matched. It was calming to sleep next to someone she loved and cared for.

With eyelids heavy, the room grew dark.

Then there began a rhythmic tapping that caused Lisa to anxiously stir.
Louder and louder with each knock Lisa became more and more conscious.
No longer able to ignore this tapping, Lisa convinced herself that it was only a lost bird, 'I'll shoo it away' she mumbled. She hesitantly walked to the window across from her sister's bedroom. The knocking grew louder with every step, every inch closer to the window. Nearly jumping out of her skin, when her sister shifted in her sleep, Lisa jumped into a defensive pose. Glancing back at her sister and seeing nothing else in the room she resumed her focus to the mysterious tapping noise. The deafening ringing became the only thing in her focus, echoing louder amongst the four walls of the near-empty bedroom.

She looked through the windows for a few moments and saw nothing, just some of the tree branches. Though her eyes were still sleepy and a little blurry she was for certain that there was no bird and definitely no person outside knocking on her window. Brushing the sleep from her eyes Lisa tried to focus her fuzzy vision just to be safe and sure. Nothing, she saw nothing but their front yard and nothing was out of the ordinary. Shrugging it off Lisa lazily headed back to bed with her sister.

But something still didn't feel right.

Taking a seat, Lisa soon realized that her sister's bed had a fairly foul smell and felt damp. Though it didn't smell like her sister had wet the bed, in fact, Sarah wasn't in the bed at all. Turning on the adjoining bathroom light it seems that Sarah wasn't in the bathroom either. Turning around and wondering just where her sister had gone, she sees it. Red spots and streaks all over the bed. Lisa yanks all the blankets off the bed hoping to find Sarah lost amongst them. Not knowing what to expect, she just needed to find Sarah and calm these thoughts. The trial hangs off the edge of their bed and there she sees her. Sarah's body huddled into a limp mass.

"Wake up! Oh please just wake up.." she whispered. Trying to scream but no sound emerged from the twisted look on her face.
Rushing to her sister's side, Lisa had failed to realize the obvious matter at hand.
They were not as alone as she had assumed.

There was a deep gash across Sarah's throat, giving a clear indication that there would be no way to save her.
"I love you.." She picked up her sister's hand and held it to her cheek.
"This is all my fault, I should have never let this happen to you.
I love you."
Lisa silently wept convincing herself that her sister was conscious enough to hear these final words.
Still unaware of her surroundings Lisa picked up Sarah's lifeless body and cradled her in her arms hugging as tight as she could, never wanting to let go, allowing the blood from Sarah's neck to run down their arms and pool at their legs.

Heartbroken. Distraught. Dumbfounded.
"How could she have been murdered when I was so close to her? How could anyone do this? Why, why would someone target my poor sister?" Lisa silently thought.

She fought every urge to scream into the empty room. She let out a pained wince just before hearing footsteps from down the hall. Heart now racing she dashed to the closet door trying to bury herself under all the clothes her sister had.

With pounding in her ears Lisa didn't know what to do.

"Who would do this?" she continued thinking to herself.

Cupping her mouth and stifling her own breath a figure entered the room. It was dark, she couldn't make out who it was. She tried her best not to make a single sound, keeping her body stiff as stone. Anxious thoughts began consuming her, breath became short and faint. The shadow crept closer to the closet. She closed her eyes as if it was a dream.

Lisa could hear blankets and pillows being tossed around. The mattress being picked up and dropped with a heavy thud. More footsteps moving about the room. The bathroom door slammed shut, and then, the footsteps stopped.

Lisa removed her hand from her face once her breath was no longer ragged and steadied. Slowly opening her eyes she could see that her fingers were still shaking. "Please be a nightmare." She whispered to herself.

"Not exactly Princess." Said the faceless eyes that were staring through the crack in the door. Lisa tried to scream but not even air could escape her lungs.

He flew open the closet door, smiling as if this were a game.
Reaching into the pile of clothes grabbing her by the throat and pulls her out.

"No!" She struggled to no avail.
"What are you going to do to me?" she asked but didn't want to know the answer.

The silhouette figure leaned towards her ears and whispered "Baby I love you so much it hurts!" and began to slide his blade up and down her arm.

"I miss you while you're away." each stroke digging deeper and deeper into her skin.

"Please, what do you want from me?" Lisa begged.

"I want to be with you forever and ever."

Lisa's screams echoed into the halls.