Twenty eight| Trouble

He's trouble, he isn't who he says he is
***

[Liza's POV]
"Nice to see you too, David" Kai says in a sarcastic tone.
"How do you know each other?" I look at both of them. Something isn't right...
"Do you want to explain David? Or should I?"  Kai glares at David. I noticed David started to go pale.
"I don't care who explains, can someone just tell me?" I hear Alex's door open.
"Liza, who's this?" Alex looks at Kai with confusion.
"Stay out of it" Kai says.
"Alex.. its nothing really" Alex walks back into his room and David sits down. 
"Can someone tell me already?"
"Fine, I'll do the honours" Kai rolls his eyes and I sit down.
"Kai don't.." David says under his breath.
"Why David? Because you don't want Liza to find out about your past?" 
"Liza, he's trouble. He isn't who he says he is" Kai adds.
"Like you can talk Kai! You were the same as me!"
"Shut up David, Liza your ex boyfriend here, he dated my sister"
"Okay? So?"
"He didn't only date her, he killed her"
"I DIDNT KILL KATJA!" David yells.
"YES YOU DID DOBRIK! YOU CRASHED THAT CAR!"
"Guys STOP!" I stand up and look over at David, I could tell he was holding back more tears.
"Kai, get out. I told you not to come!"
"Liza -" I cut Kai off and point at the door.
"Get out" Kai leaves and slams the door behind him.
"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask and sit next to him.
"I didn't kill her, it was an accident. Thats why I left Chicago"
"Wait, when did it happen?"
"June last year, her whole family hates me now. They'll never forgive me"
"Who was she?"
"Katja Rein, Kai's twin sister. Kai and I were involved with a gang, Katja joined them for money and drugs, she didn't tell me either. I love her Liza"
"Did you ever love me while we were dating?" I ask in disbelief, David looks at me with guilt.
"I.."
"Don't bother I get it. You love her more"
"Liza wait!"
"I get it David, you weren't over her! I was the rebound. You lost someone you loved and then met me less than a year later" I walk out of the apartment , I try to hold back tears. He said he loved me, but he still loves her. What did I expect? I walk down the street, I check my phone, 12:01 am.
"Liza" I hear from behind, Kai walks up to me with a smirk on his face.
"Are you happy Kai? , I was going to be friends with him"
"After your little break up? When you two broke up you made it worse"
"How?"
"You were so dramatic about it, trust me I know"
"What? You know what?"
"News flash Liza, he never loved you. He said it to make himself believe he was over Katja"
"But then why did he -"
"To try to convince himself! He never loved you, he was and is head over heels with Katja. He will never love anyone else the same" Kai's words were making me feel pain and anger. I didn't know what to think at this point, he never loved me.
"You may as well let go, for good, its not worth it anymore is it?"
"I don't.."
"You don't what?"
"Make me believe that shes gone"
"What? Are you crazy?"
"Make me believe shes gone Kai, or I don't believe you" Kai's face turns pale, his eyes fill with guilt and sadness.
"Fine, but we have to go to the airport" we get into a taxi and go to the airport.
"Where are we even going?" I ask Kai as we bored the plane.
"Vernon Hills"
"Shouldn't David come with us?"Kai gives me a annoyed glare and shakes his head.
"Are you stupid? He killed my sister Liza. Why would I want him with us?"
"Tell me more about your sister then"
"What? Why?"
"So I believe you. Kai, I know you're hiding something. Its pretty obvious"
"Fine, there is things that David and I can't tell you"
"Why?"
"Because, it could get us both killed"
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter, what do you think of the new cover?
Vote, Comment, Enjoy ~
Instagram/Twitter: xdavidlizzzax
Can we get this book to 4K? (Currently 3.8K) ✨❤️