Chapter 16

Serena's POV

Lunch was quiet. Occasionally, Dad would start a conversation with Ash and ask about him, his mother and why he stopped coming over. Ash answered by saying that he was too busy or his mother was ill and he himself had fever for four days. But it all was a lie. 

It was because of me.

Marina also gave the same excuses to Mom when she started spending less time with us and more in her room. My parents knew that there was something wrong and they tried to get it out from me but I also had the same excuse-

'School project! They are busy.'

Calem didn't come that afternoon to hang out. He said that since we were spending a night together, there would be no need to come over during the day. Ash remained for quite a while after lunch in Marina's room. It was weird- knowing that Ash was here but he was spending time with Marina instead of me. But then again, I messed up. Really bad.

Ash said I changed. And now when I look into the mirror, yes I did change. And for what? For Calem? Just to impress him? Is that why I changed- why I hurt so many people?

Yes. Only for him.

Did I really want this? Ash is no longer my best friend, Marina rarely talks to me. I am looking like a doll and sticking to Calem like it's the end of the world. And then again, I hate calling Calem my BF and I never really said I love you.

Wait.

I never said 'I love you'.

And-

He didn't say it either.

And I can't imagine saying that to Calem. 

Because-

I don't love him?

I don't love him.

I don't.

Then why am I doing this again?

Because of a minor infatuation.

"I messed up."

~O~

I was sitting in Calem's room. He told me to wait until he got back- he went downstairs for some reason.

I realized that I didn't love Calem. I just had a minor infatuation with him. I changed for his sake. And now when I look at myself, I want to puke. I was wearing black cycling shorts, with a white-net top. It showed the black camisole top I was wearing. It felt weird and- windy. I dared not to look at myself and as soon as I get home throw all this stuff away or gift it to Marina. But then again, Marina was not fine with the idea of me buying all this and then going to Calem's place.

I heard the door creak open and a mahogany haired boy peek inside.

Wait.

That's not Calem.

"Bonjour!" The boy said.

"Who are you and where is Calem?" I snapped.

I didn't like the way he looked at me.

"I am his friend, Gary. Nice to meet you too!" He grinned.

"Okay? So- I need to go and see where Calem is. Be right ba-," I was about to make a run for it when the boy suddenly grabbed my hand and turned me around to face him.