Chapter Twelve: The Truck

~Gerard~

            I slowly sat up in my bed yawning, my red hair falling into my face. I pushed it back noting really thinking. Coffee…I needed coffee to think.  I swung my legs off my bed and stepped out of my room and saw Toxic's door was open.

            The memory of last night rushed into my thoughts, her crying holding her….holding her

            I poked my head into the room, not seeing her a walked into the living room. No one else was up, the Room was empty. Toxic was no where to be seen, Feeling a little concerned I jogged outside and saw her.

            Her white hair blew around her face tangling in her glasses as she looked at the BLI truck, a cigarette in her fingers.

            The sun had barely risen, It felt too early to be awake. I ran next to her. Toxic looked over at me, her gray eyes emotionless. "When is Dr. D getting this" she said kicking a small pebble from the sand at the truck, it hit the rim of a wheel with a small pang.

            "I don’t know, Sometime today I think" Dr. D had said he would pick it up when he could. I wondered how long that would be.

            "Party…" Toxic said looking at the Truck.

            "Yeah?"

            "I'm sorry for last night." Toxic spoke through her cigarette her breath filled with smoke. The pullulated air blew towards me, without think I breathed it in, smelling it, It smelt like her. smelt wonderful.

            I put my arm on her shoulder, she pulled away. "It's fine" I said. She nodded, not making eye contact Toxic threw her half burnt cigarette onto the sand and walked inside, white hair blowing behind her.

            I stood looking at the truck for a minute before I walked back in. Mikey was awake but only barley, deep purple sleepless rings under his eyes. Frank was laying on the floor watching a movie, Ray sat in a boot reading a comic book

            I walked to make some coffee, Frank staring at me. I just raised an eye brow and he went back to his movie. I helped Mikey make coffee and we each had a cup. I sat in a booth by myself just sipping the heaven in a mug that was warming my hands.

            I drank my coffee and just sat in the booth watching the movie Frank had on, it was an old Godzilla flick. One of my old favorites.

            "Well hi!" I heard Mikey yell from his place next to Ray.

            I turned to see Toxic walk out of her room with the walkie-talkie in her hand. "Whats that Tox?" Mikey questioned jumping up to stand next to her.

            She just shook her head slightly looking at the ground. "It's nothing…I'm gonna go on a walk"

            "Oh cool, Lets go!" Mikey said bouncing next to her, his joy bubbly and overflowing from his small body.

            "Alone" She added and rushed out of the door holding the hand-held machine to her chest.

            "What…" He said and stopped, looking at her back as she rushed out. Mikey looked disappointed. No one said anything as she left. Mikey just slinked back to the booth with Ray shoulder reading as if nothing had ever happened.

~Sophie~

            I ran out of the diner clutching onto the Walkie-talkie, I ran past the evil smiling BLI truck. I ran until I couldn’t see the diner. I let myself sit in the sand and turn on the walkie-talkie, praying it would work I held the button on the side hearing static.