Chapter Ten: Nightmares

~Gerard~

"Yeah I'm good" Toxic said her voice rough from coughing. Her smoking habit was not good for her. I would be good for her to quit.

I'd rather deal with a smoker then a sober junkie

And with that thought I stopped thinking about Toxic's smoking and went back to watching the movie.

Rose and Jack were 'having fun' in a car steaming the windows a bit.

"Mikes is that you and Toxic" Frank said and turned to Mikey, He just laughed.

"No that's me and your mother Frankie." Frank sat with his mouth open and a small giggle came from next to me, quiet and barely noticeable. The giggle was so small and cute.

That's Toxic

A voice whispered, I whipped my head to look at her. She had her hand covering her mouth a clear smile under her hand. Her eyes looking at Mikey were bright and alive, the gray seeming to overflow from the happiness.

"Sorry" Toxic said and her laughter slowly came to an end, her eyes going blank again.

"No don't be sorry, It was cute" I said before I had the sense to stop myself. I felt a blush grow across my cheeks, Mikey looked at me with a grin and a raised eye brow. Ray chuckled. Frank was ignored us watching Titanic.

Toxic just nodded then put her arms on the table, resting her head in her arms. She glanced at me before gluing her eyes on the television, I blinked, still in shock. How had she just started giggling then drop it like a stone acting like it never happened.... How had I just called her cute?

"Gee stop glaring at the wall, watch the movie" Mikey said his eyes on titanic. I turned and watched the movie, but thought about other things.

As the credits scrolled across the screen I yawned and looked at Mikey who was staring at Toxic smiling, I followed his gaze to see Toxic, asleep, her mouth open slightly drooling on the sleeve of her dark red leather jacket, an almost incoherent snore escaping her lips.

I smiled, and glanced back at Mikey whispering, "Should I carry her to her room?" Mikey nodded and stood up careful not to bump the table. Ray followed. Frank coughed from behind me, trying to grab my attention. I turned, He had a smirk on.

"Remember man.... Real chicks, She's bad news." He whispered. Mikey frowned and punched his arm hard.

"Oh you shut up" he nearly yelled, causing Toxic to stir slightly. I slid out of the booth's bench slowly then leaned down picking Toxic up.

I slowly walked past everyone Toxic held tight to my chest, Her soft snoring in my ear. the smell of the desert and cigarettes filled my nose. A few months ago I would have cringed at the smell, now it wasn't exactly a bad smell, wasn't a good one either. Just the smell of home.

I used my foot to lightly kick open the door to Toxic's room. I sat on her bed and began to lat her down. Toxic twitched a little in her sleep grabbing at my arm. I looked at the doorway to see Frank, Mikey and Ray staring at us.

I pulled my arm away from Toxic's sleepy grip and walked out of the room shutting the door softly behind me.

"Night ladies" Ray said and walked down the hall to his room. Frank punched my arm.

"cya bright and early tomorrow" He said as he walked down to his room. Mikey looked at me, looking into Mikes eyes I felt as if I was looking into a mirror, our eyes nearly the same.

"Don't listen to Frank, Gee" He said then hugged me, wrapping his arms around my neck. I hugged back.

"Yeah, night little bro" I said into Mikeys hair. Mikey pulled away from the hug and began to walk down the hall before running up to me, planting a small kiss on my cheek.