The Air in Barcelona

Sergi followed Corals car for about 10 minutes before she had pulled into a small coffee shop in the inner city. He had come to the conclusion that she didn't know that he was following her.

Coral stepped out of her car and walked in almost covered in tears.

Sergi debated on stepping out and interfering with her problems. This could either go three ways. She could either push him away and hate him, she can except his help but then cut it there, or except his help and grow their relationship. Sergi pushed those thoughts out of his head and jumped out of the car to talk to her.

He took his time walking to the door trying to think of what he was going to say. Once he pushed the small doors open, he spotted Coral in the corner by the wonder with her face in her hands. Sergi walked over to her table and sat across from her. She looked up and made a face. Sergi wasn't expecting to see her so emotionally distressed.

The waiter came around and asked what we wanted. Coral ordered a small espresso and Sergi ordered a green tea. Still complete silence between them. When the waiter came back with the drinks he asked for anything else and
Coral started at him. Sergi responded for her to make it less awkward.
"Are you okay?" Sergi finally built up the courage to talk.

"You couldn't just text me that?" Coral sassed him.

"Look I feel guilty for not texting you. But the truth is I was going too. I was actually gonna invite you to that party we were just at." Sergi explained.

"Oh man! Like I really wanted to be there." She said in a very sarcastic tone.

"How did you even know where to go to find me?" Coral stared at him for a second.

"Wow, are you really that self absorbed? I wasn't there for you." Sergi made an 'o' with his lips.

"If you don't mind me asking why were you there?" Coral let out a big sigh and sipped her expreso.

"Well that guy. That was kissing the girl when you guys were outside, told me to come to Barcelona to meet him. I came and then he started canceling on me all the time when I wanted to meet up. It was his third time. I knew something was up. So I traced his geolocation. It said here and that's where I went. It's just a coincidence that you were there." She looked down at her drink.

"Good coincidence or bad?" Sergi managed to shoot out. Coral looked up and smiled a bit.

"Good" she whispered under he breath but enough for Sergi to hear it.

"What were you doing there anyways?It was 30 minutes away from Barcelona."

"Well, Marc and I like to crash parties on our free time. Then we usually split up and chase girls around the world to buy them coffee and talk." Sergi said as smile pressed his lips.

Coral giggled from his sarcastic comment. She didn't know why him coming after her was such a big deal to her, but it was. She felt her heart start to race and she was so lost in his eyes. She snapped back out fo her daze when the waiter came back with the bill. Sergi placed his card down on the bill. Coral searched her purse for a tip.
"No, let me tip." Sergi Said
"No, please you were so nice to me." Coral insisted but Sergi had already payed.
"Are you gonna be okay to drive?" Sergi asked.
"Hopefully.." there was a long pause. Sergi had a thought but ultimately pushed it away.
"Well, Coral I will text you. Soon." Sergi our extra pronunciation on the 'will'. He pulled Coral into a surprise embrace in which she returned. Coral and Sergi drove home and were able to sleep peaceful knowing that they know each other a bit more.

Morning had come quicker then Coral wanted. She laid in bed for the next 20 minutes before finally checking her agenda for the day.
4pm– Beach with Liran.
Coral hated when she didn't have anything to do. It just meant more precious time that was being wasted. She got up and decided to hit the gym. After all a work out would be a good use from the expreso she had the night before.

Coral made her way to the gym in some shorts and a sports bra under a loose tank top. On her way there Coral stopped to see a garden bed of flowers being laid out by gardeners. They looked like volunteers to do a community project. A little girl saw Coral starring at the garden bed and grabbed a daisy and brought it to Coral.

"Gracias chica." Coral smelt the gorgeous flower. It reminded her of home in the states. They used to have a big flower bed in their backyard. Coral was contemplating whether she should go to the gym or help out there. She looked about and decided that she would stay and help. A older woman gave her gloves and asked her to lay out the dirt.

Coral was meeting a few new people and just talking to random people when a black Bentley pulled by the garden. It was completely noticeable like a flashing price of gold amongst silver. Coral starred for a few seconds before engaging back into her conversation. Then the window to the black Bentley rolled down. Sergi's face came into view. She smiled and made her way over to the car.
"Stalking me now?" Coral smirked.

"Wouldn't be the first time." Sergi returned the look.

"So what you help around the community that you have only been in for a week now?" Sergi stated

"5 days actually. And I might stay. I don't know it all depends on what going on in my life at the moment." Coral smiled.

"Well I was on my way from the Barca stadium. Ever been?" Sergi asked. Coral's face dropped. The only time she had been there she didn't like the feeling of being touched.

"Well, yes. One time though." Coral admitted.

"We'll get in. I will show you around the camp." Sergi pleaded. Coral looked back at the garden bed.

"Are you thinking of staying with your fake community?" Something about Sergi's sarcastic voice was making her want to go with him. She returned to the garden to return the gloves then hopped in the passenger seat of the black Bentley.

When coral stepped into the stadium, it felt fresher then words could ever describe. The air felt different as if it had never been poisoned by the toxic people that then filled the stadium.

Sergi's favorite thing was sneaking in the stadium after hours when no one was there. Just the light and complete emptiness of the place that filled thousands upon thousands.

Sergi looked over at Coral taking everything in at once. He couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked with a yellow daisy in her hair pinned to her ear. Coral ran towards the field. Jumping and kicking balls around, Sergi followed after right behind dribbling the ball around her. Eventually they ended up in a 1v1 match with each other. Sergi must have scored like 10 goals on her. He felt guilty so he let her score 3 on him. Enough to boost her confidence but to keep him winning.

Sergi took a moment to just stare at her while she was drinking a water bottle after being winded down from playing the game. Sergi walked over to her and started up a conversation.
"So when are you planning to go home?"

"I am not." Coral said bluntly.

"So your planning to live out here on a whim of a fuckboy?" Sergi stated. Coral laughed out loud.

"No, I have a modeling career out here. I don't just move for guys." Coral said.

" I thought you told me you were gonna go home depending on the time." Sergi questioned.

"Well, technically yes. I am able to work here or in the states. That's how I met Geo in the first place." Sergi made a face.

"Geo?" Sergi questioned. Coral rolled her eyes.

"That guy from last night."

"Oh, you mean the incredibly ugly fuckboy that doesn't have the balls to fuck with a girl his age so he goes for younger ones, Geo?" Coral was laughing so hard her stomach started to hurt.

Once she was able to make out a sentence from the laughing she said invited Sergi to a fashion show she had coming up.
"I don't expect you to enjoy the show but-" Sergi cut her off.

" I would love too!"

"Alright. I will send you the details." Coral started smiling contagiously. Sergi was also smiling. He had a wonderful thought.

Thanks for reading. I wonder where I'm gonna take this. Like I really don't know what to do with the character Liran. I guess I'm gonna have to put her somewhere. 🤷🏽‍♀️