Part 10

Shi and Yan Da are enjoying the quiet night. Near the stream. Quite far from the ongoing festival. Yan Da lifted an arm up, letting a firefly land on it. "They're beautiful aren't they?"

Shi smiled, reaching out. The lighting bug on Yan Da's palm went to him, making her frown. The other chuckled at that, letting it go back to her. "You love them?"

She nodded, eyes fixed on the bug. "My mother and I used to dance with them. She often told me that they convey the magic of believing. Once you know what you want, go for it and believe in yourself that way you'll most likely have it."

"The magic of believing, huh." He repeated, looking at the bugs that were lighting the place they're in. His eyes then went to the fire princess who was now playing with the fireflies. "Then I'll keep believing that you'll return my feelings someday and that you'll forgive me for deceiving you."

"Yun Fei, come on!" She beckoned. He watched her in wonder. She looked stunning. The fireflies around her illuminated her beauty. But what he really loved is the way her lips curved in a content and happy smile. How her eyes lit up in happiness. Shi felt himself fall deeper.

Enchanted. He joined her. He took her hand and they danced together. The moonlight and the fireflies served as their light. The crickets as their music.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

"What are we going to do?" Shuo Gang asked pacing back and forth. Xing Jiu and Xing Gui are with him. They just saw what happened to the bear tribe.

"Despicable." Xing Jiu growled.

"What's going on?" a voice then asked from the doorway. "Brother?"

Shuo Gang sighed, facing her sister and Yun Fei. "It's the bear tribe. Phoenix took control over it."

"How?" the fire princess asked. "The bear tribe is strong. They wouldn't be defeated that easily. Unless..."

The three nodded in confirmation. "There's an inside man. His name is Hei Feng. Apparently, he'd been wanting the throne for himself for a while now."

"And to get it, he made an alliance with that wild bird," Yan Da continued in distaste. "Did they already sent a message about what they want?"

"Yes..." Shuo Gang started, looking at his sister in the eyes. "Your hand in marriage."

"With whom? Phoenix?"

"No."

"No?" Yan Da asked surprised.

"Hei Feng."

Yan Da laughed at that. "I knew that furry beast wanted something." When she went to the bear tribe once, she saw how he looked at her with lust and want. She cringed in disgust. "Did you reply yet?"

Xing Jiu shook his head.

"Well then. Here's what you're going to tell them. Instead of a simple engagement. A battle competition would be held in the bear tribe for my hand. Whoever wins will marry me."

"Yan Da, are you sure about this?" Shuo Gang asked in worry.

"I'm sure. This way we can save Liao Jian andreclaim the bear tribe. We could also finish Hei Feng and Phoenix at the same time."

"Would he (Phoenix) come?"

Yan Da smirked. "He would. He wouldn't miss this chance."

"And if one of them wins?"

"I'll kill them myself," She told them. "I'm tired of running away from those two. It's annoying. I can't even relax properly. Besides, you won't let them win, won't you... Yun Fei?"

Shi looked at her in surprise. A mysterious smile then curved his lips. "No."

Yan Da then turned around. "I'll see you guys tomorrow then. I'm beat."

When she's gone the trio looked at Shi.

"Prince Shi, if you fight, there's a big possibility that you'll need to use your powers." Xing Gui stated. Shi smiled. "Then I guess I have to tell her the truth by then."

"Or you could tell my sister, now." Shuo Gang suggested. Shi looked down conflicted. "If you're hesitating because you think that she doesn't like you then I'll tell you now, she does like you."

Shi met his gaze.

"She practically proposed to you a while ago." The fire prince continued. Shi blushed at that, realizing that Yan Da did propose to him subtly.

He sighed. "Wish me luck?"

The three smiled. "Good Luck."

Shi then left the room, following Yan Da.