Part 6

In the fire tribe...

A battle was on going between the fire tribe and Phoenix's men. Phoenix became impatient and took matters to his own hand. His desire to have Yan Da is so strong that he couldn't take it anymore. So he gathered his troop and went to the fire tribe.

"Hou Yi, you should just surrender and open the gates. You know that I won't give up until I get Yan Da."

"If you think that I'll give up my daughter to a scum like you, think again." Flame said, putting more energy into his attack. Yan Da is his only daughter. The only one that reminds him of his one true love- Celeste. He'd rather die than to let her be in the hands of a man like Phoenix.

The king is infamous for his wicked ways. He enjoys torturing people. He even loves enslaving children and women. Yan Da only went to his kingdom in order to propose a treaty but it seems like that's never going to happen.

He was also famous in killing other immortals and taking their own power. Flame could feel his energy being drained.

"Shuo Gang, Xin Jue, get the others and leave now!"

"But father!"

"I said now! Seal the gates permanently!"

The two fire princes reluctantly followed their father's orders.

"You're really going to sacrifice everything for your daughter!?" Phoenix asked in despise.

Flame smirked. "I'll give everything for her even my life." He said, attacking once more.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

"FATHER!" Yan Da screamed into the night. She dreamt that her father was severely injured and is under Phoenix's mercy.

"Princess?" Shi said in worry, entering the tent with a cup of water. He heard her scream.

"Yun Fei..." she said, eyes watering. Seeing that, he was quickly on her side. Pulling her into his arms.

"What's wrong?"

"I dreamt about my father. He was severely injured making him helpless against King Phoenix's attacks." She told him, hands gripping his clothes tightly.

"King Phoenix?"

"The king of Sacred Snow Mountain. He's the reason why my father sent me here. He wants me to be his wife..."

Shi growled at that. Of course he knew about that bastard. He met him once when he was still a child. His mother brought him with her. He remembered how disrespectful he is towards his mother, making his blood boil in anger.

He hated that man. How dare he!?

"Gongzhu, your father is strong. I'm sure that he won't be defeated that easily."

Yan Da clenched her fists tighter. "I know but I'm still scared. Father may be strong but he has his limits too." She said, looking at him. Shi could feel his heart break. He doesn't like seeing her cry. Lifting his hands, he cupped her face. Gently brushing away, the falling tears.

"Don't cry," he uttered. "I'm sure that he'll be okay. Believe in him." He continued.

The fire princess nodded, making Shi smile. He then stood up, getting the cup of water that he left on the table.

"Drink, you're throat probably feels dry from all of that crying."

"How did you know?" Yan Da asked, accepting the cup.

Shi smirked. "Let's just say that I use to cry a lot when I was a child. I should go. You're going to be alright, right?"

Yan Da avoided his gaze. Shi frowned, noticing her tremble. Making his decision, he sat beside her. Yan Da looked at him in surprise.

"I mean no disrespect but do you want me to hold you until you fall asleep again. I promise I won't do anything besides that."

Yan Da's eyes narrowed, studying him. When she saw that he's sincere she nodded, letting him hold her.  Comforted by his warmth and fresh scent of cherry blossom, it wasn't long before she fell asleep. Shi smiled, feeling her breathing slow down.

He then carefully moved in order not to wake her. Leaning in, he kissed her softly on the forehead. I will protect you. I promise and Phoenix will pay for making you cry.

He said, eyes blazing in anger and protectiveness.