Part 7

Yan Da sighed in contentment. She smiled feeling the gentle breeze caressed her cheek. She didn't open her eyes yet. Cherishing the contentment that she was feeling for this is rare for her. She continued like this for ten minutes. Just letting the calmness wash over her being.

She quickly got ready, though, after those few minutes. Her troop needs to be in the dream tribe before night fall. She really didn't like travelling when the sun is already set.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Hours later...

"What are you doing?" Yan Da asked curiously looking at Yun Fei who was trying to fly the kite that he's holding. Yan Da decided to take a break from their journey.

"Trying to fly this." He said, showing it to her.

"A kite?"

"My brother always brings me with him to do this. Especially when I'm upset. "

Yan Da let out a small smile. "You and your brother are pretty close, huh."

Shi smiled remembering his ge. "Ge, is my best friend. My other siblings didn't like me that much but he stood up to them and protected me. He taught me a lot of things too. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be here."

"It seems like you really adore him. Wait, what do you mean especially when you're upset?" She asked, frowning. Shi's eyes widen.

"I- I didn't mean that I'm upset right now." It's quite the opposite actually. "Actually, this is for you. I'm not really good at comforting people so I thought I'd just do what my brother does for me. Hoping that It'll work on you too."

Yan Da was speechless. How will you answer something like that anyway? She cleared her throat, avoiding his gaze. Yan Da felt like she was going to melt right there, right now. Her fast beating heart isn't helping her case. Hot. Why do I feel really hot right now?

A minute later and she faced him. "Teach me." She said, making him smile beautifully at her.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

In the Dream Tribe...

"Yan Da is coming," Xing Jiu said, looking at the man in front of him.

"Act as if nothing is going on," the other replied, winching when Xing Gui put pressure on his wound.

"Shuo Gang, don't you think that's unfair to her? This involves her too after all. Even if Phoenix didn't succeed this time, I'm sure that he'll find another way to get her. It's better for her to be prepared than to be caught off guard later."

The fire prince sighed. "I just don't want her to get hurt. Besides you know her temper."

"Princess Yan Da is a formidable warrior. I'm sure that she could protect herself. Though, you're right about her temper. I'm sure that she'll be angrier when she finds out much later than now." Xing Jiu stated. He knew Yan Da well she probably already knows that something is going on. So, if they just acted as if nothing is going on she'll definitely burn them into crisp. She is very protective of her family after all.

"We'll tell her then. Butbe sure to fire proof the whole building first," Shuo Gang said, making thesiblings grin in amusement