"That's not a word." She laughed out loud.

"I'm going to make it work." Lucas shrugged, pushing himself away from the set of lockers, and took a step closer to the girl.

Max oddly felt better about this whole situation, and sure, it was crappy what she was about to do, but she refuses to let herself be made a fool of. She was gonna stand her ground and distance herself away from the group. She might be lonely, but at least she would still have her pride. She looked up at the teenage boy who had three inches on her, and smiled. "Who knew you would be the one giving me some advice, Tyrell?"

"I didn't even know I had it in me, Mayfield." Lucas responded, before giving her a two finger salute and an arrogant grin, "Catch you on the flip side, surfer-chick."

And with that, she watched as Lucas Tyrell was being chased down by a herd of future high school jocks and cheerleaders, while Lucas Sinclair was making his way towards her with a smile.

She tighten her grip on her board while muttering to herself. "Stand my ground."

•• •• •• ••

Sully continued to munch on the cookies her mother baked earlier as her eyes fell onto her small television on the top of her dresser. She left the channel on MTV, and silently jammed out to the songs she knew as she cleaned off old polish from her nails.

Humming the lyrics of the Iron Maiden song that was know playing on her tv, Sully rolled onto her side and grabbed the first two colors her fingers brushed against and frowned at the choice she had to make. She could not decide between the green, or the pink which seemed highly amusing to her because here she was, thinking that her biggest problem was to choose between two different color nail polish when in reality, that is the least of her worries.

She saw a side of Billy Hargrove she did not like. She heard stories, and rumors of the reason his family moved to murky, small town Hawkins from bright and sunny California. They varied from the boy participating in deadly, unground fight clubs which led to a death of a classmate, or that he is running from the law. Both of which, the blonde knew was false seeing as it would be impossible for someone to run to small town those kind of crimes, and not get caught.

That, and Neil Hargrove informed the family the reasoning for moving was because of a job transfer.

But it did not stop Sully from thinking about the far-fetched explanations her classmates came up with. Maybe those weren't the cases for the Hargrove/Mayfield family to move to Indiana, but that did not mean it did not fit Billy's description.

She witness the Billy everyone made him out to be, and she could not understand why people are boasting the male up, and accepting his disgusting behavior.

At first, Sully had been in her feelings. She was hurt, and confused by the sudden 360 he pulled. All day, it had been bothering her. But then she snapped out of it.

She did nothing wrong. Why should she be the one feeling down, when it was Billy who grabbed her and dragged her out the school. It was Billy who yelled in her face. It was Billy who said those cutting words that made Sully want to curl up in a ball and hide away from the world.

Sully closed her eyes, her hand tightly gripped onto the nail polish bottle as she breathed through her nose in frustration.

"Don't let it bother you, Sully." She whispered to herself before brining down the nail brush, and coated her thumb with the color green.

"He's just being a pretentious prick." She listed off, picking another nail to paint.

"An egotistical douche bag." She hummed as she lifted her middle finger to her mouth to blow on it. Sully then flicked that same finger into the air, "Who deserves to see my middle finger in the air."