"Ya know, you can walk to the restaurant Joshua!" I tease as I check both ways before I pull out into the road. I hear Sofia begin to snicker under her breath at Josh. Josh just sighs dramatically and I see him roll his eyes.

I always enjoy going out with them. I've actually known Josh since junior school, I was 7 and he was 11, he saved me from a group of boys teasing me about my pig tails. Josh and I have been inseparable ever since. I've only known Sofia since I started going to Uni though. Eventually I tried to play matchmaker between both Josh and Sofia seeing as all they did was complain about being single and i knew that Sofia --even though she never would admit it-- fancied Josh a wee bit. So last month I forced the two to go on a long romantic date, and the very next day they made themselves an official item. I don't suppose I've been any more proud of myself than I was at that instant when I found out.

I slowly pull into the small parking lot into a space close to the entrance as it looks like it's about to rain at any given minute. We exit the vehicle and I lock the doors after I fix my dress as I walk to the door that Josh was holding open for us. A young girl probably a few years younger then myself asks for our reservation name and Josh tells her. She takes us back to the dimly lit part of the restaurant and the three of us take a seat.

"I'm surprised that they aren't here yet." Sofia says as she sits down in the chair that Josh politely pulled out for her. "Usually Louis and Elly make it early then us." Josh and I shrug and we commence small talk between us until they show up.

"Hey, sorry, we're late. Traffic was a little tough to get through." I turn and see Louis walk up to us with his arm wrapped securely around Eleanor's waist. I smile at their cuteness. My eyes drift over to beside Louis and land on a fairly attractive man with brilliant blue eyes and golden brown hair. Louis notices my stare and begins to smirk. "Didn't believe we'd bring someone for you, did you Katy?"

I shake my head and stand up from my seat. The mysterious man with the blue eyes is clad in a matching suit and tie like the two other boys. He extends his right hand out to me and my left one raises and grips it lightly. His hand is full of calluses and his nails are kind of grimy but I don't really mind. It's not that they look dirty, just stained. Maybe he works with machines or something.

"Grey, Jack Grey." He announces and his low voice sends a chill down my back. The expression in his eye just seems off to me and his grip tightens strongly before he lets go of my hand. I push a small smile across my face as I look upward at him.

"Katy, but I'm guessing you already knew that." He nods and smirks at me, his eyes darkening slightly. Maybe I'm just crazy or something. Yea, I must simply be crazy and imagining things. He walks past me and pulls the chair that I was just sitting in back out. I thank him before sitting down and he sits down across from me.

The dinner goes on slowly, but I've found out a lot about Jack. I was right when I thought he worked with machines, he's a mechanic. How coincidental that Louis would introduce Sofia and I to a mechanic. Before Sofia, Josh and I leave we say goodbye to Jack, Louis and Eleanor. Jack gets up and embraces me in a short hug, his strong arms squeezing me quickly. What is with this boy and squeezing me? He gives me his number before I turn around and head out to the car.

After we've been driving for awhile Sofia speaks up from the passenger seat, "What's wrong?"

"What? Nothing, nothing's wrong." I say as I pull myself back out of my thoughts.

"Want to try that once more? You're speeding. You never speed. So what's wrong, what are you thinking about?" I quickly glance down and slow down before I look into the mirror and see what Josh is doing. Once I notice that he's asleep with his head rolling around I turn the music down and think about what I'm going to tell Sofia. She's one of my best friend, I should be able to trust her with this. She doesn't usually go and blurt out all my insecurities and concerns.