Chapter Two

Tony awoke abruptly to the sound of Jarvis's voice. "Sir, Loki is leaving the tower. Shall I stop him?"

Tony blinked his eyes quickly, briefly wondering why Loki was in his house. Looking out his window, his eyes widened. "Shit, Jarvis! How long did I sleep?" He exclaimed. "Five hours, sir. It is now 7:32." Tony dragged a hand down his face, remembering that Loki was about to leave.

"Jarvis, keep Loki inside," He said, getting to his feet. He heard a loud bang somewhere downstairs quickly followed by a scream. "Jarvis, what just happened?!" He ordered frantically, picking up his phone and tucking it into his pocket.

"Loki was running as I shut the doors, sir, and he hit them hard. He died quickly."

The world suddenly froze as Tony seemed to choke on nothing.

He died quickly.

He just killed Loki. He hasn't been inside his house for a full day, and he just killed him.

"J-Jarvis. Get me down there. Now. As quickly as you can without breaking the elevator!" Running quickly into the small room, the doors shutting as soon as stepped in. The elevator immediately shot downward, knocking him off his feet. He stayed sitting on his haunches for the remainder couple of seconds the elevator was moving, and jumped to his feet immediately when it stopped.

Stepping out of the elevator, he looked quickly around the room.

And right by the door, laying in a pool of his own blood, was Loki.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit!" Tony chanted as he ran over to him and picked up his limp hand gingerly, putting his head to his chest; feeling for a pulse, a heartbeat, one single breath, anything.

But there was nothing.

Tony let his hand fall as he sat back, tears blurring his vision. "No, no, no, come on Loki," He murmured, lifting his head. He softly moved the blood-matted hair from his face to reveal a huge, gaping wound across his forehead, his skull clearly visible.

Tony felt a small buzz in his pocket, and remembered his phone. He grabbed it, ignoring the text from whoever. He quickly dialed 9-1-1, beginning to cry as it rang once, twice, three times, before someone picked it up.

"911, what is your Emergency?" A calm, female voice answered.

"Something has happened to my... my friend, and I think he's dead. I'm at Stark Tower, all doors will be open. We are on the first floor." Tony said, surprising himself with his calm voice. The woman said something else, but Tony hung up without saying anything.

Everybody knew where Stark Tower was, and he had no doubt Jarvis would do as he said on the phone and leave all doors open.

Tony felt a great rage grow inside of him, but as he looked back down at Loki, he hung his head.

Tears dripped down his face and onto Loki's chest, his eyes clenched tightly shut. He was so lost in his despair, so confused where these emotions had come from, he didn't notice as the first tear landed, it disappeared in a green shimmer.

He didn't notice as Loki's chest moved as he began to breathe, his damaged forehead repairing itself as Loki's eyes opened slowly, looking at him in surprise. He didn't notice as Loki leaned up, gently putting a hand behind his head.

But he did notice as Loki brought his mouth to his, gently guiding it into a soft kiss. Tony's eyes opened wide in shock as he realized what was happening, but then they closed again as he wrapped his arms around Loki, kissing him back.