Chapter 15

Ash's POV

"Thank your for stopping by Ash. It has been days since you came. Are you alright?" Grace, Mari's mom asked as she shut the door behind her and led me and Marina to the dining room.

"I am. Just- stressed about studies and stuff." I lied.

"Who knew that you are as good as lying as Marina is." Grace laughed.

I snuck a glance at her and she sheepishly smiled. I playfully glared at her and she broke into a fit of giggles.

"She has been giving me the same excuses lately. She has reduced being social and ignores us most of the time. I don't know what to do with this girl." Grace frowned at her daughter.

"Mom! Me and Ash are going upstairs, call us when lunch is ready." She grabbed me by the arm and pulled me up the stairs.

"Who knew your mom is so similar to mine?" I laughed.

She sighed. "I don't like being social. Why does she make it such a big issue as if the world would end if Marina is anti-social? I like being alone and- silent." She let go my arm and motioned me to enter her room.

"Same here." I sat down on a chair while she plopped down onto her bean bag.

"Say Ash, you were never 'anti-social'. Why now?" She asked.

"Why are you?"

"I asked first. I want an answer." She sat down and looked at me with an expectant look.

"Its- complicated," I sighed and looked down.

"I know. Serena is complicated and in case of love she is- an amateur."

I snapped my head back to her. "How did you know?"

"I know it since- forever, Ash. You obviously love her like there is no tomorrow. And- I know you are hurt with the fact that she is dating." She commented and bit her lip.

"I don't feel like that anymore, 'cause I loved a tomboy not a girl." I groaned and buried my head in my hands. 

Now that she put it that way, yeah, I think she is right.

"You like Calem, right?" I pointed a finger towards her and she blushed.

"As a friend!" She replied a little to quickly and she blushed more. She sighed and then started, "I do. And I am happy that he found love in my sis, but it still hurts. Ignoring Calem is out of the question because he comes here everyday and greets me every time." She growled and pouted.

"Wait- he greets you, every time?" I raised a brow.

"Yeah. And if I am not downstairs, then he even comes to my room just to say hi. And sometimes I feel as if he wants to see me first than Serena, which melts me. He is too sweet!" She fangirled. 

Now that was the Marina I was missing. The bubbly, cheerful and dreamy Marina.

But Calem being so persistent to see Marina. That was new and awesome news.

I will have to see that someday.

"Hey! Did Calem come here today?" I eagerly asked.

"He must be on his way." She looked at the clock.

"I have got to take my books from Sere's room. See 'ya at lunch!" I smiled and walked towards the door. 

I was about to turn the door knob when Marina started talking again.

"You know, that is the first time you said 'Sere' in two weeks." She was swinging back and forth with her hands behind her back.

"I love her too much to let her go." I smiled and walked out he door.

~O~

Serena's POV

I heard someone knocking on my door and went to open it. It turned out to be Ash.

"Wow. You came after a real long time." I pointed out as he casually walked inside.

I expected him to jump on my bed or start rummaging through my cup-board or something but nope, he just stood their silently waiting for me to come.

"May I take my things from your cup-board?" He asked.

"Ash, are me asking ME?" I said in disbelief.

"Well, it makes us even." He shrugged.

"How?"

"You changed your overall persona, miss! You look like a girl, behave like a girl. So, its only fair for me to act a little more manly." I said thumping my chest with my fist.

"I think some changes are for the good." I replied casually.

"And this is for the bad." He stared at me and then shook his head, "May I?" He pointed towards the cupboard. 

"Go on." I said, still thinking about what Ash said.

And this is for the bad.

He silently took all his belongings, being careful to not touch anything of mine. What had gotten into him? Since, when did he become so formal with me? He suddenly stopped and picked up my cap. He turned towards me with the cap in his hand.

"May I take this?" He looked at the cap then at me.

"Sure." I replied, like it was nothing. 

But it was. It was my favorite cap and I wore it always, before- well, uh- Calem and I started- dating. It still felt awkward to call him my boyfriend, but I manage- somehow.

"Ash, why are you being so formal?" I raised my eyebrow and frowned.

I didn't like this side of Ash, heck- I hated it!

"Why are you behaving like a- girl ?" He probed back.

"I am a girl."

"Yeah, and I am another classmate." He shrugged and walked towards the door. He reached for the door knob and held it but before opening the door, he looked over his shoulder and started speaking, "Serena,"

My eyes widened at this. He didn't call me Sere? My gaze lowered to the floor as I was trying to cope with the sudden stab I felt in my heart. His voice, was cold and no longer playful, teasing and friendly. He had isolated himself in the past two weeks but who knew he would consider me as a classmate? It hurt. Badly.

"After you found your soulmate, you have been ignoring me. I always used to come and say hi, but you just gave a quick wave before hurrying to your BF. You both forgot that me and Marina were also present at the cafeteria table, but you both were so busy, that you even forgot us. Serena, you changed and even though you promised to remain my best friend, I think that friendship has drowned. So, bye. See you in class, classmate." 

A few tears rolled down his eyes as he exited the room and slammed the door behind him.

Was I really so ignorant?