5

A/N

I've unfortunately been having issues with wattpad lately so I'm so sorry for taking so long to update and it's not very long. I was told to put a bit more focus on this rather than my imagines so I'll probably do that ok carry on. I'M TRYING TO UPDATE MORE FREQUENTLY I'M SORRY YA'LL. 7k love u.
I also really love the difference in comments like;
Person1: please update I really like this story.
Person2: I'm GoNnA jUmP oUt A fUcKiNg WiNdOw If YoU dOnT uPdAtE.
Love u all.

Don't kill me please.

-

My breathing becomes heavier as I stare at the pile of ash that sits in front of me. I feel like I'm choking, like I'm running out of air and I can't catch my breath. I feel like I'm stuck where I am, like I'm struggling to move. I walk towards the house and everything feels as though it's moving in slow motion.

This has to be a dream. It just has to.

I hope and I pray that I'll wake up from this nightmare. I close my eyes and take deep breaths. I try and try to will myself awake but I can't do it. Then, I start running. I feel like I'm going insane but I can't stop. I need to do everything I can to escape this. Suddenly, my running started slowing down and I felt like I was floating.

"Y/N!" My eyes flew open to see Joe sitting at the end of my bed. I burst into tears and begin to shake violently. Joe moves so he's sitting next to me and he wraps his arms around me for a while. After I had recovered a bit more, Joe spoke, "you wanna talk about it?"

"I-I ha-had a n-nightmare." I say, taking in sharp, involuntary breaths as I spoke.

"Well no duh." Joe says, laughing lightly. (YeAh nO sHiT, hOnEy (if you get that, thank you))

"Sh-ut up." I say, hitting his shoulder lightly and giggling.

"What happened?" Joe says, becoming serious again.

"Uh, the house caught on fire. You didn't make it out." I manage out, swallowing hard. Joe just hugs me tightly.

"I'm so sorry." Joe says, taking a deep breath.

"For what?" I ask.

"For saying what I said earlier. I didn't mean any of it." Joe says sadly.

"I know." I say, remembering his words.

"Are we good?" Joe says hopefully.

"Not yet." I say, rolling my eyes.

"What! Why?" Joe asks with surprise in his tone.

"Finn." I say bluntly, crossing my arms.

"Oh come on." Joe says, getting annoyed.

"I'm not as mad though." I say deciding not to argue.

"Ok. Love you." Joe says before kissing the top of my head and leaving the room. I lay back down but I hear something from outside and look up. I peek out of the window and see Joe getting in his car and driving off. He must be doing his errands. I quickly run to my phone and start texting.

Me: come over.

Baby 💙: why.

Me: we need to talk

Baby 💙: why do you care.

Me: stop being so fucking dramatic and get over here.

Baby 💙: ...

Baby 💙: fine.

I sigh out in relief and run downstairs, not soon after I hear the doorbell. I open the door to reveal a tired looking Finn.

"Come in." I say.

"Mh." Is finn's only reply as he walks lazily inside. I sit on the couch and he sits next to me, staring at the floor.

"Are you ok?" I say with sympathy in my voice.

"How are you ok?" He asks

"I'm not Finn," I yell, beginning to get angry, "because you think I don't love you. You think it was all some joke to me because I didn't want to leave my brother here by himself. Because it wasn't enough that our parents left us. Now all he has is me. How am I supposed to leave?" I breathe heavily and realize that I'm now standing up, facing him with clenched fists.

"Oh." He muttered in a shakey voice.

"Yeah." I spat back at him.

"I-I'm so sor-" He spoke as he stood and placed a hand on my shoulder before I pulled away from his grip, interrupting his words.

"Just," I begin to speak quietly, "leave me alone right now." I finish, facing away from him. I hear a soft sigh and feet shuffle out the door.
I swallow the lump in my throat. He's being a dick. I don't need to put up with him. I try to tell myself but I still can't seem to fill the hole in my chest that he left.

Why is everything falling apart before my eyes?