2

A/N

Ok so I actually have some people getting really angry about how I'm portraying ellie and I'm not saying that this is what she's like in real life and I'm sorry if you like her I personally don't  (nor do I like Jack atm) So if you don't like how ellie is in this, just don't read it.

-

"What are you nervous about?" Joe's voice suddenly broke the silence.

"What makes you think I'm nervous?" I ask letting out a small chuckle.

"I know when you're nervous Y/N/N. You do that thing with your hands." He says. I immediately stop moving my hands and put them in my lap.

"I'm fine. I promise." I stand up and walk to my room.

"Where are you going?" Joe asks wearily.

"To bed. You should too." I say peeking back at him. He thinks for a moment before holding his hands out towards me like a child, "I can't pick you up, Joe." I sigh and walk up stairs. He groans in frustration and walks up the stairs behind me.

"Goodnight!" Joe calls out after a few minutes.

"Goodnight, get a good night sleep so you feel better." I say, closing his bedroom door. I walk back to my room and put on a crop top and shorts before sneaking down the stairs. I can't believe I'm doing this. I think to myself as I open the door and quietly shut it. I look towards the house across the street and see something is... different. It's quiet, calm, almost. Suddenly I feel less nervous.
I walk over and knock on the front door gently. I hear soft footsteps approach the door and I feel myself tense up. The door opens to reveal a tall boy with very light brown hair.

"No parties tonight. Sorry." He says before slamming the door in my face. I stand there in complete shock for a moment before turning around to leave. As I walk down the steps I hear the door open again.

"Hey!" A familiar voice calls, "you coming in?" I turn around and see Finn poking his head out of the door.

"Uh, y-yeah." I say as I walk back towards him.

"Come on in." He says as he takes a step back and let's me in. I can feel him checking me out.

"Sorry for slamming the door. I'm Jaeden." The tall boy holds out his hand for me to shake, "I should've known that someone looking for a party wouldn't knock so lightly." He laughed quietly. Maybe these guys aren't so bad.
Finn guides me to the living room, it still smells like alcohol in the house but it was fairly clean overall.

"So," Finn says when we walk into the living room, "of course, I'm Finn, that's Jaeden as you might have heard, that's Jack who I think you met last night?" He asks the last part and I nod, "That's Wyatt" He points to the boys with very curly brown hair, "And that's Jack's girlfriend ellie." He finishes off. They all gave me a slight nod as Finn guides me to the couch with his hand rested on my lower back.
He sits down and gently pats his hand next to him, motioning me to do the same. I sit, feeling very tense and slightly cornered as I had sat on the end of the couch with Finn on my other side. Finn must have noticed because he put an arm around me. At first, this only made things worse for me but then, I relaxed a bit as he used his other hand to grab one of my hands. They were previously clenched into nervous fists that rested on my thighs but somehow, as soon as his hand touched mine I felt a wave of relaxation go through me. I watched him as he studied my hand, flipping it over, and playing with my fingers.

"Hey Finn?" I hear a female voice say seductively.

"Hm?" Finn mumbles, barely losing his focus on me.

"Can you come help me with something?" The voice says again.

Finn sighs and slowly removes his hands from me, "What is it Ellie?" He walks away and into the kitchen. As he gets farther away I can feel my heart sinking further and further down. Wait, why? What's happening? Snap out of it Y/N.