Chapter One

Percy's Pov

I walked for what seemed like hours. The sand from the beach flying everywhere thanks to the wind. It was a nice breeze however.

The beach was really packed and I'm the only idiot with hoodie on. You might be asking, why am I wearing a hoodie in the beach? Well the answer is simple, Im still hiding from my past.

I walk past a hotdog stand when I hear some commotion nearby. It sounds as if someone is in trouble.

I sigh. Me being me, I couldn't stand by and not do anything to help whoever is in trouble. I quickly run through the beach and find a small bridge. There are a few people there and two girls. Oh, it's that kind of trouble, I thought sighing.

As I get closer I can make out what they are saying.

'Leave us alone Chad' A girl that seems to be 18 says to who I'm guessing is Chad.

'Aww come on baby girl, how bout we go to my place?' He asks in a cocky manner.

'I said no you freak!' The girl yells.

I see a hand flash by and see that Chad slapped the girl.

'Seems I gotta teach you some manners b*tch' He yells pushing the girl back and forth between four other guys.

At that instant I close in on the group and tap on Chad's shoulder.

'You don't wanna do that' I said dangerously.

'He turns around. 'Hey guys look at this loser!' He yells back to his friends.

'I'm asking you nicely, if you do not leave the two girls alone, I will kill you' I threatened forming my hands into fists.

'Hey you, it's ok please don't fight' The girl says.

I turn to look at her. 'It won't be much of a fight' I said to her calmly.

At that moment Chad pulls my hood down, revealing my face. He instantly cries out in fright.

I look at him puzzled, then look at the puddle next to me and find my eyes are pitch black with a universe moving in them.
All in all I looked pretty awesome!

'Get away from me you freak!' Chad screams.

I smile. 'I would rather be a freak than a bully who thinks he is tough by picking on women who can't protect themselves' I said grinning.

At that he lets out a growl and charges me. I sidestep him, grab his wrist, twist his arm to his back, then I used my other hand, placed it on the side of his neck and used his momentum to turn him around to smash him against the side of the bridge. It was an instant K.O.

'Anyone else feeling lucky punks?' I ask menacingly.

Wow I almost sounded like Ares there! Never thought that was possible.

Instantly two guys charge at me, one pulling out a knife. I laugh as I kick one on the balls, then uncapped Riptide, easily disarming the guy with the knife. I then hold Riptide to the guy's throat.

'As I asked before, anyone else feeling lucky, punks?' I asked glaring at the other guys.

'N-no S-s-sir!' The other guys yell simultaneously.

I smile. 'Good, now get the hell out of here before I practice my decapitating skills' I said deadly serious.

Everybody jumps in fright, then pick up their sleeping friends and run off. That left me and the two girls. They were both looking at me, the little one looked happy while the other was cautious.