January 3rd, 2018

Prompt: Cornerstone...
Type: Personal thoughts

Everyone has a cornerstone in their life. Something to keep them going. For me it was her.

She has soft hair, cut short to her shoulders and the color of dark chocolate. Her eyes were cunning, a shade of brown. Strong as mahogany but sweet as chocolate cake. She was muscular, much more than I. One look at her and your breath would be taken away.

Everyday, I open my eyes and see her, sleeping by my side, a small smile on her beautiful face. With kisses and loving words, I would gently wake her. She'd stretch and yawn before turning to me and letting a lazy grin spread across her face.

We'd get dressed together. Brush our teeth and hair. Then we'd both go downstairs for breakfast. Together, on the couch we'd snuggle and watch cartoons meant for children as we ate out cereal. Not a care in the world.

When the sun shined bright we'd go outside and walk around town. No one would glare nor scorn us, because no one cared. It was just two girls in love and the world was ok with that. The golden sun would wash over, the sky a beautiful shade of blue. Birds would chirp and the wind would blow.

On days when the sun was not out, we'd sit inside, at each other's side. Playing video games, lovingly competing against each other. We'd dance in the living room, to songs about love and hope. We'd watch movies, from romantic comedies to Disney movies, from horror to historical dramas.

But that's just a dream, yet it's still a cornerstone in my life. And even if I don't have her yet, someday, I promise I'll find her.