Chapter 81

Nikki and Tommy held hands as Duff read whatever had to be read at a wedding ceremony. None of them listened because they were too busy gazing into each other's eyes. "You can say your wedding vows now", Duff finished off, taking a small step backwards to make the moment more special for the two. "Uh...", Nikki stuttered, "I didn't have time to prepare anything, but I know what to say anyway". He looked down, and then back up, into Tommy's deep, brown eyes. "We've known each other since high school, and from the moment I met you I knew that the feelings I had were feelings I didn't have towards anybody else in the world. I remember our first kiss like it was yesterday, yet it was so many years ago. When we stood there against the wall in the library, I knew that it'd never be the same. But since then we've had our ups and downs, including today. The two times we broke up I didn't know what to do with myself, where to go, or if I even wanted to exist without you, but I'm glad it happened because I remember how good it felt to come back into your arms. I promise I'll always be there for you, Tommy, no matter what". Tommy wiped another tear, and smiled at Nikki. "I love you, Tommy", Nikki finished, putting the ring on Tommy's finger. Tommy was still smiling, looking down at the golden ring. He swallowed, getting ready to say his version of the vows. Nikki kind of bent the rules on that one. "I didn't have time to prepare anything either", Tommy said with a giggle. None of them did, because they had spent all the time they had together. "First, I just wanna let you know that I can really be hard to handle sometimes, even though you know that. I'm saying it just because you have to know that I love you, and I always will, no matter how mad I am or how frustrated I am, 'cause you're the one who keeps me sane. You're my everything, and I'll never be able to imagine how life would be if I'd never met you. I remember in high school, I wasn't that confident, but you helped me see that I wasn't so different after all. Even though I sort of lost it in the end, I realized after some years that all the girls I had been with were just a waste of time, 'cause you were the one I'd always wanted to be with. I love you, Nikki. Just please forgive me if I mess up, you know I'm so good at that". Tommy chuckled a little, realizing how ridiculous it sounded. Nikki laughed a little too, but wiped his eyes through the whole speech. Grabbing Nikki's hand carefully, Tommy put the ring on his finger. They both kissed, and smiled thinking how this was just the start of something amazing.

It was a new beginning, and they weren't prepared. They never prepared, but that was how they had gotten through everything alive. The breakups, the tragedies, the insane partying, car crashes, crushes, friends and enemies, mansions, dirty apartments, everything. But they felt safe. They were home now. In the end they would probably end up in the same sort of shitty apartment as the one they had when it all started. But that was what they called "Home Sweet Home" after all.