6- Epiphany

We arrived into our classroom, first battle of the day.. chemistry. To be exact A-level chemistry. My teacher was a middle-aged women, her skin- caramelised, clear and radiant. She wore a scarf on her head, she called it an Hijab (Hee-jarb). She was of Asian descent. Her thick- Pakistani accent shone through every time she spoke. We were currently learning Organic chemistry, you know Alkenes? I would say Chemistry wasn't my strongest subject, but it was interesting, to me at least.

"Guys, what do we know about Alkenes? Other than of course.. it being a unsaturated hydrocarbon. What reactions do they undergo?"

"Electrophilic addition, miss!" A girl shouted out, she was also of Asian descent. She had these big amazing green eyes and long eyelashes as well as luscious rosy lips. She also wore an hijab and a long black piece of clothing, she told the class it was called an abbayyah.

I admired her bravery, at the start, she would get teased for wearing clothes other than jeans and trousers. But as the days went by and the year settled in, she would brush off the comments and do her own thing. Eventually, the class got bored and left her alone. Now, she was one with the team. She was popular. Popular, because she was so goddam funny, she cracked jokes about the teachers with other students. Every lesson, at the end- they would have a competition, on who was the funniest. She would always win.

"Yes, well done Bushra, anything else class? What are the common electrophiles that react with alkenes?" The teacher asked

"Sulfuric acid, Bromine molecules, Hydrogen bromide" A boy shouted out as if the words were natural to him. He had dark-skin, dark-brown eyes, and really curly- short hair. Everyone called him "the smart-ass". Of course, he took this as a compliment I mean I'd loved to "know it all too".

"Well done, smarty," The teacher told Benjamin, smiling at him proudly as if he was her own son, winning an Oscar.

"Now-" The teacher was about the carry on speaking, but suddenly the door of the chemistry class opened up. A ruthless teen walked in 10 minutes late into the classroom. Oh, he was in for it now. Our teacher, could not stand anyone who was late. She thought it was as equivalent to committing a crime. I know, I know- exaggerated much?

"EXCUSE ME, ARRIVING IN 10 MINUTES LATE. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" The teacher screamed, wow that sudden mood change though.

"Xavier Jones," He said calmly, unfazed by the teacher's outburst. He moved to sit at the back, 3 desks behind me. His eyes glancing around the room until he finds mine, they were fixated on me. For some reason, mine were fixated on his too... I couldn't look away, it was as if his eyes had the power to control me. My eyes followed him to the back of the classroom, but then again so did everyone else's. He sat down, eyes still focused on me. I could've sworn I recognise this guy from somewhere. But where? Where do I know him from?

"WELL UNLESS YOUR DAVID BECKHAM, YOU DO NOT GET TO COME IN WHENEVER YOU WANT!" The teacher shouted once more. Mind you, she was a big David Beckham fan.

"No, but I'm better than him" He replied, a smirk formed, once that replaced his bored smile.

"DETENTION, XAVIER. NO ONE IS BETTER THAN DAVID BECKHAM, ESPECIALLY NOT YOU" The teacher replied, clearly ticked off that someone had an ego the size of a stadium.

The class turned their heads to look at the teacher, but mine was still fixed on this guy. I studied his facial features clearly. He has dark brown hair, tanned skin colour. He's lips rosy complimented his small but slightly round eyes as well as his nose. His eyes were a dark brown colour but suddenly they glowed red. The same menacing red I saw in the car park.

I experience an epiphany, a realisation, a monumental discovery

I experience an epiphany, a realisation, a monumental discovery. The werewolf, this very teen who sat 3 desks behind me. Was the very cause of my bite mark. The very cause of my seal- healing powers. The very reason that I was about to change. 

That all things "normal" was about to change and I wasn't sure I was going to like it very much.