Lips Of An Angel

Dean stared out the window of the '67 Impala, looking at nothing. Another town, another place. It was the third time they had moved in the last six months. He looked over at his little brother, Sam who sleeping peacefully next to him. Dean smiled, pleased at the fact that atleast his little brother was getting some sleep. He looked over at his father, the reason they had to keep moving towns.

John Winchester was not always like this. An ex-marine, who married Mary Campbell and had a steady job as a mechanic at Singer Auto. He used to be a doting father untill the accident. Mary Winchester died in a fire that consumed their house. Dean believed that the person who was his father died that day as well. Since then, his father turned to alcohol to solve all his problems. He had been unable to keep a steady job anywhere. Hell, it was miracle that he was sober right now, Dean thought.

It had been a drunken brawl in Iowa, that lead them to Austin, trying to get away from the trouble. It was becoming a pattern. His father getting drunk, into some kind of trouble and then running away, or in this case driving away, from the cops. The pattern never stopped. So it was upto 16 year old Dean to take care of his 14 year old brother. Making sure that he went to school, so that he could have a different life.

Dean never really thought about himself, it was always Sammy who came first. He never botheed about that. His only dream was to see Sam grow up and become the awyer he wanted to be. Dean was happy to tag along and help him achieve that. So Dean started taking jobs, trying to save money so that Sam could go to Stanford. It's not like John had the money and even if he did, Dean doubted that he would save it for Sam. Afterall, booze does require money.

The car was soon in the streets of the city. Dean sighed, another city, another school. He hoped that he could make some friends here, unlike the last one where he and Sam had been shunned as outcasts. The only good thing about the move was pobably escaping the hell hole they called school.

"Hey, Sammy! Get up, we've reached." Dean said, shaking Sam. "Or I think we have, arewe there Dad?" He looked over at his father who grunted. Which Dean deciphered as yes.

"It's Sam, Dean. Sammy is a chubby 10 year old." Sam glared at Dean, trying to sound angry which failed due to his drowiness. Dean laughed and ruffled his brother's hair, happy to have some type of normalcy in his life.

His dad grunted and the car came to a stop. They were outside a small house probably only a two bedroom. Dean sighed, which he seemed to be doing often nowdays.

"I guess we have to share a room again, Dean." Sam said giving a forced smile. Dean smiled at his attempt to be cheerful. Always the optimistic one, Sammy only thought about the good sideof things. Too bad that Dean was just the opposite.

-------BREAK-------

Hi! This is my first fanfiction. This is an AU so no hunters, angels, etc. Thanks for reading! Comments are appreaciated :D I do not own Supernatural. If I did, there would be more Destiel scenes.