The vacuum turned to you and lunged, which you dodged by jumping over the hose. You leaned down and slid across the ground, sliding under the protection of a long desk. "Tails! Sonic!" You called. "What is all this?"

"It's fine, (Y/N)!" Tails yelled over the roaring of the vacuum. "Just a tiny malfunction."

"Tiny?!" You shrieked. "This thing is going on a rampage. A rampage, I tell you!"

"Calm down, would you?" Sonic smirked. "Are you scared of a little vacuum?"

"When it's trying to kill me, yes!" You snapped. "Just hurry up and stop it!"

Sonic used his super speed to leap onto the hose of the vacuum, quickly tying up its hose and nozzle. Since air couldn't be either released nor taken in, the vacuum expanded and exploded. Dust was sent absolutely everywhere, and you had been perfectly level with it.

You coughed as you heard Tails whine, "Look at this mess! I just vacuumed!"

"Are you serious, Tails?" You asked, crawling out from under the desk. "The only thing that vacuum had been consuming was you!"

Sonic chuckled as he grabbed some towels and wet them in the sink, tossing one to you and one to Tails. The three of you wiped yourselves off, making sure to get every speck of dust off your skin and apparel.

Afterwards, the three of you walked back to Sonic's shack. "So, yeah. A feather duster might be the better way to go." Sonic told Tails, ending the conversation. He looked down and saw a cookie basket. How had you not seen that? "Oh, hey. I forgot about these. What the heck? There's only one left!"

He picked it up and went to eat it when Tails gasped. "Sonic, wait! Don't eat that cookie!"

"Why?" Sonic asked,

"Well, chocolate chunk is my favorite...." Tails whispered bashfully.

Sonic sighed and tossed the cookie to Tails. "Fine. I'll just go inside and make a sandwich or something." He then proceeded to walk into his shack.

You followed suit, leaving Tails outside to enjoy the cookie and do whatever. "Um, I could make some cookies for you if you'd like." You whispered.

"Nah, it's fine." He smiled. "Like I said, a sandwich is fine."

"If you say so. But I'll make some for you eventually, so don't you forget it!"

"Like I'm going to forget free food that my best friend made." He retorted sarcastically.

You rolled your eyes with a smile as they came to set upon the rose bouquet. You glanced at Sonic, seeing him staring at you as he had followed your gaze. You gently took the blue rose out and twirled its stem around in your fingers. You held it up to his fur, noticing how he tensed. "It matches almost perfectly." You smiled.

Sonic smiled softly and carefully pulled out your rose. He cut off half of the long stem, making sure to leave it long enough that it would be able to still stay in a vase. You watched as he slowly leaned forward and placed the rose's stem on your ear. He pulled away and gently took your hands in his. "Well, I'd say that yours matches perfectly."

"Thanks, Sonic." You could feel the blush rising to your cheeks as your eyes darted to the side to avoid contact.

He released your hands to finish making his sandwich. "So, do you like it?"

"Oh my god, I love it!" You smiled, staring at the roses in awe. "They're all so beautiful! Each and every one of them is simply perfect!"

Sonic chuckled. "What about the note?"