Chapter 20

Lexi and I headed to the car waiting for us. We arrived at one of the hotels I know that Nico owned. Outside there were tons of people taking photos. I got out with Lexi following me as we headed up to the door. Getting inside I followed people also dressed up to the ballroom that the engagement party was being held in. there was a line of people waiting outside of the room with a man holding a clipboard. Lexi and I stood waiting to get in, we got to the door and were stopped.

"Excuse me miss can I see your invitation?" Said the doorman.

"Um, I don't have an invitation." I said with a frown on my face.

"I am sorry miss I can't let you in." I pulled out my phone to call Nico, the phone call went strait to voicemail. I then went and choose Nova and called her.

"Hello Sabrina, Where are you?"

"Nova I am at the door the doorman says I cant get into my own engagement party because I don't have an invitation." the other line of the phone went dead as I saw Nova come marching over to the door.

"Nicholas will hear about this and you better pray he will let you keep your job." She grabbed my hand as I did the same to lexi as we headed in. "Come you have to see mom she is so excited about all of this."

"Nova this is my best friend Lexi" Nova took a quick liking to Lexi and they went off talking after she lead me to Jackie.

"Oh Jackie everything is so beautiful you did not have to do this." I said looking around there were flowers all around the room. Tall tables stood draped with white table cloths with weird center pieces. People were walking around serving drinks and cocktails, to all the guest who I assumed were family, friends, coworkers/clients/business partners.

"Where is Nicky?" She asked.

"He said he was running a little late."

"Alright honey go enjoy yourself and don't forget to say hi to his father." I hugged Jackie then headed off in order to find Mr. Brulen. I headed to the other side of the room to see him standing with a bunch of different men who were all in suits.

" I hope it is alright if I intrude on you gentleman." Nicholas father smiled toward me. "For you who do not know me I am Sabrina, Nicholas' fiance." One by one the 5 men introduced themselves to me. They were all very polite and had such interesting backgrounds as we got talking for a bit. After a while I said. "Well gentleman I should mingle with the other guests but Mr. Burlen I would like to thank you for this evening."

"Your welcome." Was all he said to me as I headed off to find my best friend. As I walked around to find my friend I said hello and introduced myself to many different people. By the time I found Lexi I had finished probably 3 bottles of champagne. She seemed so happy to see me.

"So has he shown up yet." I shook my head no as I grabbed a bottle from the bar to drink. Lexi and I just were walking around talking to one another as the night went on. It was about 11pm and I finally ran into Adriana.

"Adriana, Hello how are you? I hope you were enjoying yourself tonight." she had a huge smile on her face.

"Yes of course I did, although I am still wondering where my brother is."

"Got me there been waiting for him all night. I don't even think he is going to come." I shrugged my shoulders and headed to the dance floor and began to dance a little to myself laughing as I looked at Lexi who was also laughing. the song changed and I just started swaying as I felt someone grab my waist and put their head next to mine. I stepped forward and turned around ready to smack them.

"Hey Sprinkle. " I smiled as I jumped towards him wrapping my arms around him as he hugged me. He then leaned in kissing me. " I feel like I keep finding you dancing."

"Its what I do." I smiled as he pulled me closer again to him.

"Sorry for being so late." He kissed me again. I shrugged taking another drink. "Well I should probably get to introducing you to people."

"I introduced myself already to everyone." He looked shocked. "Also Jackie has been waiting for you."

"Well I better go say Hi to my mother than." I smiled at him as he tried to pull me along. I shook my head at him smiling. He smiled rolling his eyes as he headed off to find his mother.

"Well I think it is time for me to head home. Is there any chance I could get a ride from the guy who picked us up." I nodded my head as I followed her to the door to see the gentleman who drive us.

"Excuse me sir would you be able to drive my friend home from where you picked us up." He smiled and nodded. I said my goodbye to Lexi and headed back in to look for Nico. As I was walking around the room I got grabbed on the shoulder by none other than Alexander. "Excuse me" I tried to pull away from him.

" I don't think so. I won't let you get away from me again before you please me." I struggle to get away from him, you could tell he was drunk but also strong and I was not trying to make a big commotion.

"Nico,"I wimpered as his brother threw me against the wall. The whole room could hear my body smack against the wall as I slid to the floor. The wind had been knocked out if me as Adriana, Nova, Jackie, Mr. Burlen, Nico, and Nathan came running over. Nico nealed down next to me putting my head in his lap.

"Honey are you alright," he asked me. Running a hand through my hair. He pulled his hand away from my head to see blood on it. Once I saw his hand I started to shake. "Nova" It's like she knew what he was asking of her. She came beside me trying to calm me down as she took my head from him. "How dare you hurt my fiance at our engagement party." Nico lunged at his brother, as Alexander backed up quickly.

"I am very disappointed in you. Your brother is truly happy with this beautiful women and your trying to destroy that. I can say I was shocked by this but I can see they both make one another happy." This was his father talking and he was very shocked. I tried to sit up as me head began to spin. "Oh honey you should not move." He said to me gently.

"I am sorry, I just think it is time for either Alexander to leave or myself." I tried to sit up again to realize that Nico had sat down onto the ground beside me and pulled me into his lap.

"Well I think I am in agreement with your soon-to-be father-in-law that Alexander is the one to be going." Alexander was in shock as he began to walk away. "Is there something we can get you sweetheart?" She asked me. I looked up at Nico smiling.

"I think everything I need is right here right now." They all smiled at the both of us but all I was doing was looking into Nico's eyes as...