Chapter 6

Once we got to the hospital I ran out of the car. I got to the nurses station and asked for my brother. "Hi, I am looking for my little brother August."

"August who honey?" she said calming

"August Chasman."

"Ah yes Mrs. Chasman, he is in room 368."

"Thank you and it is Ms." I hurried towards the elevator with Nico right behind me.

"Sabrina, stop slow down!"

"I can't. Nico you don't understand he is all I have left. I lied to you my parents are gone all that is left is my younger brother and my parents entrusted me with him. He is my responsibility." by now we were in the elevator on our way to the 3rd floor. the door chimed as I hurried out. I was in search of his room. It was not hard to find as I ran into the room. "August!"

"Sabrina, I am fine. It was just a small accident." I cleared my face of all emotion and looked at him.

"How did it happen?" I said sternly

"I was driving up to see you since in a few days you know and this car was swerving in front of me so I slowed down. Then the guy pulled off the exit. A few miles later he was behind me and hit my car. It was just a bumb nothing to worry about. Minutes later he hit the corner of the car and I went spinning. Another car hit me and a few cars got into an accident then here I am."

"August where is your doctor?"

"I don't know. Listen I am alright."

"You know you are not suppose to leave school even to come make sure I am okay. I have to take care of you and if anything happens then I will never forgive myself for you being hurt."

"Sabrina" It came from the door way. August sat up.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"I am Nicholas Burrlen. Very nice to meet you even under these circumstances. Sabrina I think we should let him rest and find the doctor."

"What are you doing with my sister?" asked August

"August, I need to tell you something. I recently meet Nico and after some talking he asked for my assistance on something. What you need to know is that I am trying to take care of you and help you with school."

"Mrs. Chatman, I see you have arrived."

"It is Ms. Chatman and where have you been? What exactly is wrong with my brother that you have made me panic so much."

"I told you not to. He has 2 broken ribs and a fractured wrist."

"What his wrist cant be broken. He is a drummer."

"I am sorry Ms. Chatman. It will take him a few months to fully heal up."

"Sabrina" I looked over to Nico as he said my name.

"He can leave the hospital in a few days after the ribs are healed." The doctor left the room leaving me with Nico and August.

"Sabrina, I did not know you agreed to this because of your situation." Said Nico.

"Nico, this does not deal with you."

"Well then, Sabrina I expect to see you ready for tonight. the second box you got yesterday with the dress is what I expect to see you in. I will pick you up at your apartment at 8pm." He walked out slamming the door. I looked at my brother in the hospital bed.

"I messed up."

"Yes you did sister of mine."

"I am constantly messing up with him. August I like him. I am also going to be marrying him. It is part of our deal we made. He will pay for the rest of my school so that means more money for your education."

"You need to stop worrying about me. I know you do amazingly crazy things for me. What I need you to do is to go enjoy being young and my sister. I know you think you have to protect me but I got it under control."

"I just need to make sure you are alright and safe."

"I will be good. Go Nicholas looked really upset. For your soon to be fiance I don't want him to be mad."

"Alright August but I need you to text me updates on your progress. I will come back as soon as I can."

"I know you will and I can line up a friend driving me back down to school or take a flight." I smiled at him. He had grown up so much in the past 3 years since our parents accident. I kissed his head.

"Be good alright and I am only a car away and as soon as your ready to leave I will get you." He smiled as I walked out of the room. I got out of the hospital and remembered I did not drive here. That is when I saw a black SUV waiting outside.